Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Solved!! Downloaded Music Won't Play in Another Country

I have a premium US account and am traveling in France/Germany, etc for about a month. I have played Spotify downloaded music on my phone while in the car in France. I am still in France and suddenly the music I have downloaded for offline playing wo...

• Casual Listener
  •   I have a premium US account and am traveling in France/Germany, etc for about a month.  I have played Spotify downloaded music on my phone while in the car in France.  I am still i...
  • alfordsteven
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone iPad not playing through stereo anymore

Hi, I have a USB port on my car stereo which has worked fine to play spotify through until recently. Now it only plays through the speakers on the iPhone 5/iPad mini itself with the USB plugged in. The stereo recognizes the USB as it used to but soun...

• Visitor
  • Hi, I have a USB port on my car stereo which has worked fine to play spotify through until recently. Now it only plays through the speakers on the iPhone 5/iPad mini itself with the USB plugged in. ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify on Pioneer's AppRadio

Hello, I use a pioneer f950bt in my car and i have a subscription on spotify. Before the last update i did get information on my pioneer screen (artist name, song,album) but with the latest update it is dissapeared ..... somebody can help me with thi...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I use a pioneer f950bt in my car and i have a subscription on spotify. Before the last update i did get information on my pioneer screen (artist name, song,album) but with the lates...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Paying for spotify from iPhone 4

Fantastic... Worth buying --- but how ??? It tells me that my 48hrs have ended and I require the premium. No in app purchase available and only premium add-ons in the App Store ... Only option is - stream for free on the PC... Spotify --- you've lost...

• Fantastic... Worth buying --- but how ??? It tells me that my 48hrs have ended and I require the premium. No in app purchase available and only premium add-ons in the App Store ... Only option is - s...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium payment
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

"Local Files"

I originally downloaded spotify on my iPhone, and then again on my iPad. When I open spotify on my computer, there are many playlists and songs already there. I am trying to get the songs on my iPod, as I am a spotify premium member. It says only loc...

• I originally downloaded spotify on my iPhone, and then again on my iPad. When I open spotify on my computer, there are many playlists and songs already there. I am trying to get the songs on my iPod,...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify iPAD crashes when opening the cover view while playing a large (> 2500 tracks) playlist

I am playing a playlist call "INSTRUMENTAL MUSIC TO WORK TO" by user "Keats Handwriting." It plays fine, but when I click on the "expand" arrows in the lower left corner to switch to cover view, the app freezes and eventually crashes after a few minu...

• Casual Listener
  • I am playing a playlist call "INSTRUMENTAL MUSIC TO WORK TO" by user "Keats Handwriting." It plays fine, but when I click on the "expand" arrows in the lower left corner to switch to cover view, the ...
  • johndidion
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

iPad app not syncing up with android

My laptop recently crashed and I lost most of my local files. I don't really care because I have spotify, but I have a really amazing playlist of about 400 songs I had originally made in iTunes, then imported to Spotify, which in turn synced with my ...

• Casual Listener
  • My laptop recently crashed and I lost most of my local files. I don't really care because I have spotify, but I have a really amazing playlist of about 400 songs I had originally made in iTunes, then...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Syncing your Local Files to your iPod classic, nano, or shuffle with Spotify

Good Day I am having trouble finding my Ipod nano on devices eventhough I have connected my usb. I have also copied the files to itunes, but cannot find it when I log into Itunes. Please help, I have been having trouble for 4 days now Thank you

• Casual Listener
  • Good Day   I am having trouble finding my Ipod nano on devices eventhough I have connected my usb. I have also copied the files to itunes, but cannot find it when I log into Itunes. Please h...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Error 408

Using iPhone 5 and get error 408 while trying to log in. Tried logging in via Facebook as well as username with password. Same error.

• Casual Listener
  • Using iPhone 5 and get error 408 while trying to log in. Tried logging in via Facebook as well as username with password. Same error.
  • Jonahman10
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Facebook login - Loading screen

Today I just downloaded the spotify app for ipod touch. When I went to the login screen I chose to login with my facebook account, but when i do it doesn't even go to the actual login it just loads for a long time and goes straight back to the login ...

• Today I just downloaded the spotify app for ipod touch. When I went to the login screen I chose to login with my facebook account, but when i do it doesn't even go to the actual login it just loads f...
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify app won't load

I have an iPhone 4 and my spotify app will not load/open. It just has a white screen and after some time it force closes. It worked just fine less than a week ago. I have reinstalled it and rebooted my phone but it still will not work. What do I need...

• Regular
  • I have an iPhone 4 and my spotify app will not load/open. It just has a white screen and after some time it force closes. It worked just fine less than a week ago. I have reinstalled it and reboo...
  • Sabraharris1991
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

IPod nano only syncing local files

Hi, I have a ipod nano and a preimium account. when i sync it will spotifity if says it is only syncing local files. How can i make it sync my full playlists that are all offline. thanks in advance. Pat

• Hi,   I have a ipod nano and a preimium account. when i sync it will spotifity if says it is only syncing local files.   How can i make it sync my full playlists that are all offlin...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify 0.7.2 crashing on iPhone 4

I have an iPhone 4 am currently using iOS 6.0.1 and I use spotify almost every day. I tapped on the app today and it went to a white screen then forceclosed. I did the update for spotify to 0.7.2 and have rebooted my phone as well as delete history a...

• Casual Listener
  • I have an iPhone 4 am currently using iOS 6.0.1 and I use spotify almost every day. I tapped on the app today and it went to a white screen then force closed. I did the update for spotify to 0.7.2 a...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to share music from my iPhone 4S

I use both the desktop version as well as the iPhone 4S version for my daily Spotify usage. I am finding friends are not seeing what I am sharing with them (using [share with Spotify people] feature). The only way I can share music with them from my ...

• Casual Listener
  • I use both the desktop version as well as the iPhone 4S version for my daily Spotify usage.   I am finding friends are not seeing what I am sharing with them (using [share with Spotify peopl...
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify premium won't work when out of phone range

I purchased a premium account so that when we are on holidays I can listen to music on the road on outback Australia. I made sure that I made my playlists available offline but I cannot even get access to my offline songs as it won't let me log in to...

• I purchased a premium account so that when we are on holidays I can listen to music on the road on outback Australia. I made sure that I made my playlists available offline but I cannot even get ac...
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone has unsynced playlists & now can't resync

Spotify suddenly unsynced all my offline playlists on my iPhone 4S & now I cannot sync anything at all for offline. It just turns the arrow on the right green but doesn't download & the download green arrow that usually appears on the left doesn't ap...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify suddenly unsynced all my offline playlists on my iPhone 4S & now I cannot sync anything at all for offline. It just turns the arrow on the right green but doesn't download & the downl...
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify on iPhone

Hi there, I'm a premium member and have been for a while and I am starting to feel quite dissatisfied with spotify. I pay monthly yet have had problems for a few months now. I am a training opera singer and I make opera playlists on my phone so I can...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there, I'm a premium member and have been for a while and I am starting to feel quite dissatisfied with spotify. I pay monthly yet have had problems for a few months now. I am a training opera...
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

iOS Version 0.7.2 - Music freezes at start on some songs of sync'd playlists

Since the latest iOS update, any offline playlist i have, now stops playing some songs. The song appears to load but the progress bar doesnt move although the song displays as playing. I have to skip past song to next song which then works fine. I ha...

• Since the latest iOS update, any offline playlist i have, now stops playing some songs. The song appears to load but the progress bar doesnt move although the song displays as playing. I have to skip...
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can you sync to an iPod nano (4th generation)???

Might be a easy question to answer but I can seem to find the answer anywhere. I have spotify premium and would like to sync some playlists I have made to my ipod, I don't mind losing the song that are on it currently as they are all stored in iTunes...

• Might be a easy question to answer but I can seem to find the answer anywhere.   I have spotify premium and would like to sync some playlists I have made to my ipod, I don't mind losing the ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

"Available Office" Playlists Not Syncing

The playlists that I have selected to be "available offline" are not syncing. In most cases, none of the songs on these playlists sync, and in some other cases, a few of the songs sync, but not all of them. Can someone help with this issue please?

• Casual Listener
  • The playlists that I have selected to be "available offline" are not syncing.  In most cases, none of the songs on these playlists sync, and in some other cases, a few of the songs sync, but not...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes