Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't see friends in iOS app anymore

Can't see friends in iOS app anymore

I can no longer see any friends when I go to the "Friends" tab in the iOS app. I'm using an iPhone 5 and have version 0.7.6.37 of the Spotify app.

I used to be able to see my friends when using the app, but after a previous update, they no longer show up. When I go to the friends section of the app, it is simply blank. Nothing listed.

I confirmed on the Windows 7 desktop app that I am still following people, but I can't see them on my iPhone.

My account is not linked to facebook. I login with Spotify details. Could that be affecting who I see as "Friends" on the iPhone app?

4 Replies

Noticed this a week or two ago, from what I could find in other forum posts, you can only see/search for facebook friends on the desktop version.

I'm not sure the reason behind this, I (and i'm sure many others) have a group of spotify friends who regularly share what we're listening to, the majority of us mostly use the mobile versions on iphone/ipad/andoid and now we cant pass things along until we're at home by which time I've usually forgotten or have other things to do.

A few of us are giving the free trial on deezer a go as it still allows native friends lists.

I really like what spotifuggle has to offer but it's not cool of them to limit many of their features to users with Faceable account only.  There is clearly two tiers of users and it's not because of their monthly subscriptions but instead because some have decided not to have their whole lives posted online.  Not cool 

Hello!

You can still follow non-facebook friends in the desktop app by searching for them. Type spotify:user:username (username is your friends username) in the search bar.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Check album availability here

As outlined by Rorey in the main topic about this, the issue is caused by the roll out of the Follow feature on iOS.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts