Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify doesn't work like it used to on 4s

Spotify doesn't work like it used to on 4s

I have a 4s and before I installed the software update for my iPhone, Spotify seemed to stop working like it used to. 

I listen to Thai music and when I first downloaded the app, it worked how I imagined it would.  I could search for an artist and listen to that radio station I had created and it would suggest similar Thai artists that I could like or not like. I have radio stations for each of my favorite artists.  It seemed like the perfect answer to my music problems because now I could listen to Thai music for free on my phone. 

But right before I updated, my radio stations started only playing one song at a time and it would be the same song.  I could come back three days later after not using the app and that's the only song that would play on that radio station.  Same for all my other radio stations, unless it just wouldn't play any song at all.  For some, it starts playing international music from around the world, anything but Thai.  These aren't even remotely related to the artist or the genre of music (I've gotten suggestions for Spanish, German folk music, classical like Beethoven, etc. and I listen to Thai pop music!). 

I'm at a loss.  I've deleted the app and reinstalled but to no avail.  I don't know how to delete stations and I have started to question if I'm using it wrong, although I don't imagine that has changed.  It used to play songs non-stop until I turned off the app and would play a variety of different artists.  Now I get one song over and over or nothing that's Thai.  

My cousin has a Blackberry and she hasn't had any problems on her phone.  I was so excited when there was an update for the app for bug fixes but that didn't help either. 

I've been very frustrated and it doesn't help that I haven't been able to find any technical support online from FAQs.  I wish there was an actual person to talk to but I haven't been able to find that either.  I'm incredibly disappointed and hope someone on here can explain what I'm doing wrong.  I don't want to delete the app but I don't really know what else to do with it. 

1 Reply

What version of iOS and Spotify are you currently using? 

Unfortunately, it appears over recent weeks much of the Thai music has been removed from Spotify, which might be causing some strange issues for your saved stations. There is a topic about that here

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts