Step 1

NEXT STEP

Stuck on “Waiting to download”

Stuck on “Waiting to download”

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

My downloads disappeared. Now every time I try to download it says waiting to download. I have tried every troubleshooting suggestion. 

17 Replies

Hey @Rlstang, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Could you let me know your device name and iOS version? Also, please let me know what troubleshooting steps you've done so we don't repeat the same ones.

Keep me posted 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I’ve tried logging out and logging back in. Deleting the app and reinstalling it. 

iOS 12.4 on an iPhone XR 

Hey @Rlstang

Could you check your subscription status in Settings > Account?

If it says Premium, could you also try using Sign Out Everywhere and Remove Offline devices options from your Spotify account?

Try updating to iOS 12.4.1 as well as it was released a couple of hours ago.

Let me know how that goes 🙂

Where do I find sign out everywhere? Where do I find remove offline devices?

It is premium. 

That’s the reason I’m frustrated - for not being able to access the features I’m paying for. 

Hey @Rlstang,

Thanks for replying 🙂

You can use both of these in your Spotify account.

When I go to Account, there are no options. 

Okay I did both those things and then deleted and reinstalled the app. Still don’t have any of my regular downloads, still can’t download any. Reeeally frustrating. 

Hey @Rlstang,

Could you try a quick clean reinstall of the app? Just follow these steps.

Thanks 🙂

Done. Multiple times. Doesn’t change anything. 

Hey @Rlstang,

If possible could you try with another device with this same account in a different network connection?

Also, a video recording of songs failing to download would be helpful.

Thanks 🙂

My music is all there when I login on my desktop. But none of it is downloaded.  No matter how many times I go back to my phone,  I can play my music but I can’t play anything off-line because I can’t download anything because it continually gives me the message waiting to download.  I’ve been reading through these posts for a week now trying to figure this out and you have really only told me what I have already seen. And tried. And tried again. I need an actual solution to this problem please. 

I will send a video as soon as I have another device around to take a video of this device. 

I have a family account. My husband can use his perfectly fine on his phone. I recently went from an iPhone 8 to an XR. 

Hey @Rlstang,

Thank you, I'll be waiting for your screen recording 🙂

In case you may not know, iOS has now a built in screen recorder. Go to Settings > Control Center > Customize Controls then scroll down until you find the Screen Recording option. Tap on the green + circle to add it to the CC.

Also, could you tell me are these files that you normally stream on Spotify or local files from your PC?

Let me know how that goes.

It suddenly resolved itself. 

Suggested posts