Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sync playlists - disappearing when offline, unsync when back online

Solved!

Sync playlists - disappearing when offline, unsync when back online

Hello,

I am abroad for one month and had sync some playlists on my iphone to listen music offline. 

Obviously, I dont have any wifi or 3G connections during my trip so I set spotify to the offline mode after having synchronized my playlists. 

However, when i'm offline and opening my app, it shows only the playlists I had three months ago and ignores all the new playlists - included the synchronized ones - i've created for the last three months. Even worse, when i'm back online, the new playlists are back in the app but not anymore synchronized. 

I dont understand this at all, and i'm quite disappointed as i have been a premium customer for a few years. It's the first time i really need my offline playlists for a long trip. and it doesnt work. 

Can you please look into that? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Good news everybody! 

Our problem can be fixed with some resets on your account. Contact @spotifycares on twitter

I contacted them two days ago with a link to this thread.

Explained them the problem, and they carried out some resets on my account.

You'll need to uninstall the app and sync your playlists again after that but my problem is gone! 

I've run tests with the wifi, 3G, Edge, low-connection and flight-mode and everything works great (with both the old and new versions of the app). 

Hope it works for you all

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Same problem here. Playlists sync fine, I activate the offline mode and it seems okay... and then suddenly they disappear. Older playlists are there, it's only with the new files

Same problem here .. since few weeks/months.

Please give us a fix !

I'm having the same problem. I will connect to Spotify to sync specific playlists for travelling. By all appearances the playlists will sync. When I'm out of wifi range (on a plane, etc), I go to listen to the newly-synced playlists and they disappear in front of my eyes. Spotify seems to show an old view of my list of playlists, disregarding any new ones. This has been happening to me on and off for the past 9 months or so.

I have the same problem and have taken screenshots to show what happens if anyone needs them.

Can the others comment whether they have a lot of playlists and tracks? I suspect that the app has some kind of caching problem and thus shows the last version of playlists in the app.

1. Offline top 5 playlists in a folder, and they show up just fine and play.

2. Close app for a few hours

3. Return to app and you will see the "three dots" loading screen on top of the folder you were in. Underneath you can see your synced playlists.

4. These will vanish and an old version of the "table of contents" of that folder will show.

5. After a while, Spotify will sync with the server and show "loading" placeholders for the playlist that have vanished. These will then get loaded and shown but appear as not synced.

6. When you hit the button for offline within such a playlist, it is automatically synced though, so the offline data remains on the iPhone but doesn't properly get recognised by the app until you try to "offline again" when it recognises them.

All newly added playlists vanish like this each time I start the app.

6 months later, still the same problem.

In the meantime, I deleled and reinstalled the app; I downgraded my account to the unlimited service then back to premium, and still that same problem. 

Can someone from Spotify help us? It's been a while now. 

I do have a lot of playlists - 869 altogether. I don't know how many of them are synced for offline listening. I can only guess it's about 5-10.

I also have a lot of playlists (300 or so) but I should hope that Spotify is scalable and able to cope with that.

the problem might be caused by our phone or OS. I have an iphone 3GS and iOS 5. What about you guys?

I'm on an iPhone 4 (not S) running iOS 6, but it was happening with iOS 5 too.

Okay so that rules that option out. 
Spotify support team? Is there anybody out there?

iPhone 4, iOS 6

Started happening once I got over a certain number of playlists

Just rushed to download the new iOS version. Started syncing a playlist immediately after doing that. The app crashed, and I was returned to a previous version of my list of playlists. Oh well.

Marked as solution

Good news everybody! 

Our problem can be fixed with some resets on your account. Contact @spotifycares on twitter

I contacted them two days ago with a link to this thread.

Explained them the problem, and they carried out some resets on my account.

You'll need to uninstall the app and sync your playlists again after that but my problem is gone! 

I've run tests with the wifi, 3G, Edge, low-connection and flight-mode and everything works great (with both the old and new versions of the app). 

Hope it works for you all

Suggested posts