Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Synching offline music to iPod Classic

Solved!

Synching offline music to iPod Classic

Is there a way to sync my offline music to my iPod Classic?

I only found a way to sync my local files (from iTunes) to iPod but I want also my offline music from spotify on my iPod.

Thanks, Tom

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Its not possible I am afraid to say. 

The Spotify tracks are encrypted to prevent piracy (I'm guessing that is the main reason) and require the Spotify application to be able to decode and play the tracks. Since the iPod classic/nano/shuffle don't support apps, there is no way to get around this. Another reason a Spotify app is required is so that play counts can accurately be reported so that artists and labels get paid fairly for their tracks.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

6 Replies

@Tomcek wrote:

Is there a way to sync my offline music to my iPod Classic?

I only found a way to sync my local files (from iTunes) to iPod but I want also my offline music from spotify on my iPod.

Thanks, Tom

iPod Classic?

highly doubt it, due to the fact that that can only play normal songs (if I am thinking straight).

So, it can only play mp3's etc, and has no app system. So it cannot have Spotify installed to decode the offline tracks.

So, the answer is no 😉

Liam

I have the same question as OP.  I want to sync tracks from spotify to my iPod classic, and I am so desperate to do this that I am actually asking the same questio even though it has clearly been answered.

Please, does anyone know of any way to work around this senseless limitation?  I really really REALLY want to be able to listen to my spotify tunes on my iPod classic, I'm willing to do any amount of manipulation or jailbreaking to do it. 

Please let me know if anyone has any ideas on this.

Thanks in advance!

Marked as solution

Its not possible I am afraid to say. 

The Spotify tracks are encrypted to prevent piracy (I'm guessing that is the main reason) and require the Spotify application to be able to decode and play the tracks. Since the iPod classic/nano/shuffle don't support apps, there is no way to get around this. Another reason a Spotify app is required is so that play counts can accurately be reported so that artists and labels get paid fairly for their tracks.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Dang.  Was really hoping something could be done.  Guess I've been paying $10/mo. for nothing.  😞 

I have to say that Spotify really need to pull their finger out and find a solution to this issue pretty quick. Good job I am only on a 3 month 99p probation / trial period which I'll leave at the end because this shortfall in critical functionality. I like the service when it comes to listening through your pc and Windows phone etc, but to not have a possibility to synch to a Classic Ipod is a real Achilles heel to the service and it makes the £10 per month difficult to justify unless you listen to music all the time via pc or phone enabled app.

I guess I'll potter off and try XBOX music as a trial and see if it's any better - I heard it is!

Hej,

why was it in older versions possible to sync my offline Songs to my old iPod Classic and my iPod Suffle?

So, the solution is to find an older (working) version of Spotify or find another way to get your Spotify music as an mp3 (sad, sad, but true).

Suggested posts