Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Syncing issue with Spotify Group Session

Syncing issue with Spotify Group Session

Plan

Premium Duo

Country

USA

Device

iPhone XS Max

Operating System

iOS 14.3

My Question or Issue

Greetings,

Recently, I've been having severe syncing issues with Spotify Group Session which never happened before.

Upon starting, one device (person who created the session) would play the music starting from 00:00 but the other device (other person who joined) would start around 01:30.

These are the steps I have tried so far:

1. Updated the iPhone iOS software (14.3 lastest)

2. Verified that the "Spotify App" is updated (8.5.86.739)

3. Verified that I am connected to a stable WiFi connection

4. Disabled "Gapless Playback", "Automix" and "Autoplay" under SETTINGS > PLAYBACK

5. Deleted the cache under SETTINGS > STORAGE

6. Reinstalled the "Spotify App"

7. Rebooted the phone

*these steps have also been done by the other person who joins my session

Hoping for a solution to this. Thank you!

6 Replies

Hey @hellodrenick,

Thanks for reaching out.

Good job on testing, whether or not a clean reinstall solved the issue, in most similar cases it does. Could both you and the other person try connecting using a different internet network? If it works with another connection, it's best to contact the service provider of the original network for more information. 

If that doesn't fix things, we'd appreciate it if you try joining the group session with another device. That way we can narrow down the possible root causes to either the device or account.

Hope this helps, keep us posted! 

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Greetings,

I have tried every possible solution to this problem.

• Invited different friends to join a session who were using different devices with updated software.
  • Tried all means of internet connection from cellular data to WiFi from different locations and providers.
  • Used different devices such as iPhones, iPads, Android phones and tablets.

Unfortunately, at this point I can humbly say that the issue lies on your side and I am hoping that it would be resolved since this used to work.

Thank you very much.

Hey there @hellodrenick,

Thank you for your reply and for the troubleshooting steps you've taken so far.

If it's possible - can you log in with another account, such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persist?

It would also be great if you can let us know which version of the app you have?

Keep us posted. We're always one reply away 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hello,

Aside from the steps I mentioned above, I am constantly checking for updates for Apple iOS and Spotify and the version I am running at the moment is (8.5.94.848)

I have already tried your suggestion and I can humbly say that I diligently did my part in testing and troubleshooting but sadly, this is obviously something more than just updating iOS, restarting, trying different network connectivity (WiFi/5G), using different accounts, trying different devices...

This is as far as I could go in terms of testing, I believe that someone from your end needs to replicate this issue and get logs to see what's causing it which of course I could not do since I do not have those tools to determine what really is causing this.

Anyway, hoping that all the information I provided may be of help to resolve this known bug also being experienced by other users in the community.

Hi there @hellodrenick,

Thanks for getting back in touch.

We've tested it on our end but couldn't replicate the issue. Keep in mind that the Group Session feature is still being tested - we always test improvements and new features to deliver the best overall experience, and we appreciate the time you've taken to try the troubleshooting steps suggested and all the info you've shared.

Although we can't commit to a timeline for when this will be fixed, rest assured that we'll pass your feedback on to the right folks.

If you have any questions or need a hand with anything else, give us a shout.

Have a good one!

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

This issue is still there in late 2023. Please fix this guys!!

Suggested posts