Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Syncing songs to iPhone

Solved!

Syncing songs to iPhone

Hello,

I was just wondering if there is a current guide on how to sync songs to the iPhone. Even the Spotify FAQ's seem deprecated, as the menus and settings listed there don't accurately show what the current version of Spotify looks like.

Even if the steps still work, though, I can't seem to get my phone to sync properly.

I want to sync my local files (like Taylor Swift) to my phone. So far, the best I can figure out to do is:

create a playlist on the desktop app,

drag the local files I want to the playlist,

mark it as "offline,"

open the iPhone app,

make sure the two are on the same network and both listed as devices to play from,

open the playlist I created with the desktop app on my iPhone,

and mark "offline" on my iPhone as well.

This doesn't work. I have a non-jailbroken iPhone 5s running iOS 8.3.

I love Spotify, but I really want to have some Taylor Swift now and again, and this was a clearly listed feature! Anyone else having issues or figure out a solution?

Thank you!

Edit: If it helps, I've reinstalled both apps and restarted both my computer and my iPhone. Also, when I attempt to play greyed-out songs (like Taylor Swift where no match is found on Spotify) I receive an infuriating "watch your music magically appear" message that basically lays out the steps I listed above. Nothing I attempt gets it to work. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Wellp, as a new Spotify update just dropped, I restarted (this is after reinstalling the entire thing) and it worked. From what I can see, the update shouldn't have had any effect on local files and playlists, but whatever, I'm not arguing because it's working. If you're having the same issue, one thing I saw on random forums is that it's best to be on a connection labeled "home" if you're using a PC. Windows firewall can block connections between your laptop and iPhone or Android app for some reason if your connection is "work" or "public." Hopefully this will at least serve as a guide for people trying to get it working 🙂

View solution in original post

2 Replies

From what you're listing I cannot seem to find a reason why the sync isn't working. @MattSuda is an all around genius when it comes to troubleshooting, and might have some tips for you. Sorry I couldn't be of more help! 

Marked as solution

Wellp, as a new Spotify update just dropped, I restarted (this is after reinstalling the entire thing) and it worked. From what I can see, the update shouldn't have had any effect on local files and playlists, but whatever, I'm not arguing because it's working. If you're having the same issue, one thing I saw on random forums is that it's best to be on a connection labeled "home" if you're using a PC. Windows firewall can block connections between your laptop and iPhone or Android app for some reason if your connection is "work" or "public." Hopefully this will at least serve as a guide for people trying to get it working 🙂

Suggested posts