Touch Preview Removed

Touch Preview Removed

Asdfghjk15
Casual Listener
I'm on version 8.4.16.483 which was just pushed out today and besides some minor ui tweaks, it appears that the touch preview feature has been removed. Which is a shame, because it was one of my most used features in music discovery, and one of the essential features which keeps me with Spotify instead of other music streaming services.

It was a terrible idea to remove this feature, and I hope it will swiftly be added back in a future update. Because this feature is no longer present in Spotify, I feel less attached to the service as a whole, and am more likely to reassess moving over Google Play Music or Apple Music, which offer better local music integration than Spotify.
35 Replies

Re: Touch Preview Removed

Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Hey @Asdfghjk15,

Please take a look at this post: https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/Touch-Preview-on-iOS-removal/m-p/1857905.

MaximRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

pixeluxe
Casual Listener

Well goodbye Spotify. This was the only reason I didn’t switch to Apple Music - and now I will. This feature allowed me to discover so much great music. Major letdown that you would remove it. 

aleese

Same here. I looked at touch preview as one of the major advantages of spotify. It made finding new music simple, and was the prime reason I did not switch to apple music. Such a shame they would remove such a great feature.

herhenna
Casual Listener

Totally agree.  Really missing this feature 

vfxcapitano

Yeah brings back touch preview. 

TACSFIBLEKEEP

BRING IT BACK SPOTIFY!!

Yeah. This sucks...

andrew_eiser

**bleep** SPOTIFY?!?

Bring it back and apologize.

Sexysoup
Casual Listener

Need this feature back!! It helps me find new music and remember what a song sounds like. 

ramiroespada
Casual Listener

Wow! I realised the best feature ever was missing so I though it could have annoyed someone, but of course I also thought I will find it on my user preferences (switched off by default). Since I couldn't find how to turn it on that's how I got here.

Do they know we are in 2017, features can be parameters of a user preference, instead of completely removed! 

SUGGESTED POSTS