Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Track unavailable on mobile but not on desktop

Track unavailable on mobile but not on desktop

So i have had spotify premium for around 10 months and its been perfect for the time span. However, today, for no apparent reason i could not find two songs on one of my playlists on my phone. I searched for them and noticed i couldnt find them through the search function on spotify mobile and so i guessed they had been made unavailable and thus i checked and my guess was verified. However my problem comes that i later checked on my desktop to find the same songs were AVAILABLE on my desktop and could be played normally. This has never happened before and so i am just checking to see if this is normal. 

In short, can a song be available  on the desktop and not available on the iphone mobile app? if so why?

These were not local files and to be exact they were: "the motion" - drake 

"Versace" - migos ft. drake

Thanks!

1 Reply

I've just noticed this myself. I was listening to the album Oodles of Doodles by Jonwayne.

On my phone, the very last 4 songs on that album read:

Expirement 12 Mix 2

Unknown Remix

Live at Guitar Center ("Sorry it is not available in the current region")

NonDyingSample ("Sorry it is not available in the current region")

On my Macbook Pro, the very last 3 songs on that album read:

20) Experiment 12 Mix 2

21) Live at Guitar Center

22) Non-Dying-Sample

The song "Unknown Remix" is completely missing on my Macbook Pro, but shows and plays on my phone. AND song 21 and 22 have no problem playing on my computer, but not available to play on my phone. In addition, same album, on my computer the song titled 7-5 reads as "75" on my phone.

Yes, I am comparing the exact same album between the two. I checked because sometimes Spotify doubles up with deluxe editions. No I'm not mad, its just a wierd thing i'm pointing out. It just doesn't make sense why it is the way it is. And no I don't link local music files to my Spotify. 

Suggested posts