Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Tracks from an unknown playlist cut off what I'm listening to and begin playing

Tracks from an unknown playlist cut off what I'm listening to and begin playing

This is pretty strange and quite annoying.

While listening to any song, the song abruptly stops and a track from some unkown playlist begins playing. It started out happening every so often, now it happens almost immediately.

There's no way to remove the playlist from my music - I've tried, but that option is not available.

The playlist is not listed in my account, and it's not the sort of music I'd listen to either.

Any one else experiencing this or have a clue as to what's going on?

I've reported this to Spotify support, but just thought I'd try here too.

17 Replies

@6002005 Welcome to Spotify Community!

Can you try to provide more description, like for eg your phone, version number of app, what song were you playing and what happened in a bit more detail?
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

@jeremygoh wrote:
@6002005 Welcome to Spotify Community!

Can you try to provide more description, like for eg your phone, version number of app, what song were you playing and what happened in a bit more detail?

phone is iPhone 5C

Version is 1.4.1.4

what song were you playing: any song that Iplay gets cut off.

what happened in a bit more detail? - how muc more detail can I give? It's exactly as I stated. I'm playing a song, any song, song stops abruptly, another song starts. The song that starts is from a playlist that is not on my account. That's it.

That's strange 6002005,

So if the playlist is appearing under your music, and you can't delete it from your phone, I would suggest you open up Spotify on your desktop and right click the playlist and hit "Delete". Then when you open the Spotify app in your phone the playlist should be gone.

I find it off that you can't delete the playlist from your phone, though. All you need to do is go to your playlists under Your Music and hit the Edit button in the top right corner and then hit the red - button next to the playlist you want to delete. Hope this helps!

@vyxl wrote:

That's strange 6002005,

So if the playlist is appearing under your music, and you can't delete it from your phone, I would suggest you open up Spotify on your desktop and right click the playlist and hit "Delete". Then when you open the Spotify app in your phone the playlist should be gone.

I find it off that you can't delete the playlist from your phone, though. All you need to do is go to your playlists under Your Music and hit the Edit button in the top right corner and then hit the red - button next to the playlist you want to delete. Hope this helps!

As I mentioned in my intial post, the playlist is not in my account and I can't edit the list. My song just stops, then a song from this unkown playlist which is not listed in my account begins to play a song.

The playlist is not listed on my mobile app nor is it listed on my desktop app.

If I tap on a song that plays from this unkown playlist while it's playing, I can see some functions, but I can't modify or otherwise edit or delete the playlist.

Thanks for your suggestion.

I see, do you experience this same issue on your desktop computer, too?

So you should be able to see what this mystery playlist is when a song from it comes up randomly. When you go to the Now Playing section of the app, it should reach "Playing From Playlist <playlist-name>" at the top above the album artwork.

Also, I'm assuming you've tried all the basic troubleshooting techniques? Logging in and out, uninstalling and reinstalling, etc...?

Also, it's worth noting that for some unknown reason, restarting your iPhone by holding down the power and home buttons for a couple seconds has helped users solve various Spotify issues in the past.

@vyxl wrote:
Also, it's worth noting that for some unknown reason, restarting your iPhone by holding down the power and home buttons for a couple seconds has helped users solve various Spotify issues in the past.

Thanks, have tried all those methods without success.

That is super frustrating...did you discover which playlist your phone is playing from for no reason at least?

At this point, it'd be a good idea to reach out to Spotify support by filling out this form here: https://www.spotify.com/us/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/?contact

and when you receive an automated email response, just reply again explaining your issue and any relevant information (even if the email says no-reply). A member of the technical team should help you from there on out. I really hope you figure out what's going on!

Oops, sorry I didn't read that you had already reached out to them.

>did you discover which playlist your phone is playing from for no reason at least?

No.

I can see the tracks in the playlist, but not the name of the playlist.

I'll have to cancel my account with Spotify if I get no resolution.

So bizarre. Has the Spotify technical team been in contact with you?

>Has the Spotify technical team been in contact with you?

Yes, but they seem rather clueless about my issue.

Did you provide them the debug logs?
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

@jeremygoh wrote:
Did you provide them the debug logs?

They didn't ask for debug logs.

Just an update for everyone - not only has Spotify not resolved the issue, they seemed to have abandoned the issue altogether after they couldn't reproduce the issue on their end.

They gave us a test account to see if it happened there. At first it didn't happen, but now it's happening there too, on their own test account.

A track I was listening to got abruptly cut off, then another track began to play, that track got cut off by yet another track -- that happend about 7 times consecutively; each track playing for about 3-5 seconds.

I guess with a ziillion members and only one about this issue, they'll just ignore it in the hopes that no other members begin reporting this bug.

I even suggested that their dev team might want to look into this issue, I recevied no reply to that suggestion.

So much for Spotify and their support for members, premium or free.

Good support means addressing issues - great support means not bailing out when you have difficult issues to resolve.

If the issue was unreproduceable on their end, but reproduced on your device using their test account, the issue is likely with your phone. Unless they are also experiencing the same issue on their devices?

At this point, and it sounds drastic, a factory reset might resolve your issue. If the problem really is with your phone's software or hardware somehow a complete reset might fix it. I'm really sorry you haven't been able to get a resolution, but there's only so much we can do if other people can't reproduce the issue on their devices. I really hope you figure it out though!

Happened to me.   I know artist get paid by how many times their songs are played, only motive I can think of.

was this some of the songs in the playlist? Pc unespectedly crashed when I tried getting the last songs.

https://open.spotify.com/user/bulldog950/playlist/637VwsWYvamXULu5vEIsmq

Suggested posts