Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Trouble logging in with facebook v0.7.2

Trouble logging in with facebook v0.7.2

I finally upgraded to spotify premium.  I was putting playlists into offline mode, and a few songs would get an orange exclaimation point.  the songs after that wouldn't go into offline mode.  So I decided to reinstall the app...

Now I can get so far as a screen that says "Hi there.  connect your facebook with your spotify credentials."  I have tried entering my facebook login info, any password it could possibly be, any username it could possibly be, and any combination thereof.  regardless, I get a message saying "account merge failed.  Sorry, but we couldn't connect your spotify account with facebook.  please try again".  I have no idea why, or what to do... I really would like to be able to use the app on my phone... it's like...90% of the reason i decided to upgrade 😕  any suggestions?

4 Replies

Hi, and welcome to the community!

I suggest you submit an online contact form; and someone at Spotify can look into it for you.

If you get an automated reply; make sure to reply to it directly (even if it's from a no reply); and it will be sent to the Spotify staff.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

There are some ongoing reported Facebook issues from last night, the Spotify team are aware of the issue! 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I also have a similar problem. I deleted my spotify app and redownloaded it onto my iPhone. When I click 'login with facebook' it goes to my facebook for a second, and then takes me to a page titled "connect to facebook" when i click already a spotify user it asks me to login with my spotify credentials. I've tried my facebook account username and password repeatedly. I never created a spotify username, on both my laptop and iPad the login with facebook option works fine (ive tested them both within the last 30 minutes) anyone have any ideas whats going on?

It sounds like you are having the issue which is currently being looked into from above. The team are working on it!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts