Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Trouble staying connected to Android TV from iPhone

Trouble staying connected to Android TV from iPhone

I have an iPhone and Sony Android TV. I've never had this issue before, but in the past few weeks I am having trouble staying connected to my android TV spotify app. I can connect to the TV w/ the 'Connect to a device', however, I notice that if I don't touch my phone for a while, when I go to unlock my phone the spotify box on the lock screen will not be there. Then when I go back to the app it's often at a completely different song than what my TV shows, and if I click next it will stop spotify on the TV and only play on my phone, so then I have to reconnect to continue playing.

Does anyone know why spotify seems to disconnect from the phone but continue playing on the TV or how to fix this?

4 Replies

Hey @katiex73.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this in the Community 🙂

We've rolled out a new timeout feature for Connect, so that after music has been paused for 10 minutes, the connected device will no longer show as active. Also, when you press play again, playback will continue on the local device, so what you're experiencing is expected behaviour.

Previously, the last playing device stayed active and controlled the playback until changed by the user. We've introduced this change in order to prevent unintentional playback to a connected device.

Hope that clears things up! Let us know if you have any further questions about this.

Please consider making this a configurable choice. It is VERY annoying to have to repeatedly choose the device after it had worked perfectly for so long. To me the change is a large step backwards. Making it configurable is best if you can’t/won’t go back

ps - or allow user to choose a default device which could be the iOS device being used or a Connect device

Hi Peter,

This makes sense, except that this doesn't happen when music is paused. It will disconnect while I have music playing, so I'm not sure if the issue is related? It definitely does only happen after a certain amount of time though so I'm not sure. 

Suggested posts