Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Ugh....how can I see only downloaded music in the app on iPhone?

Ugh....how can I see only downloaded music in the app on iPhone?

Is there a way to see only the music I have downloaded in the iPhone app?

When I click "my music" I get a huge stream of music that includes everything I've listened to. I just want to see what's on my phone, and I want it organized in some coherent fashion, like by artist, then album, then song. Right now I can only choose one of those categories, and it's insanely annyoing. 

For the record, I'm only on Spotify because there's not an alternative. I was with Rdio (RIP) since 2011, but it's gone now. So far Spotify's app is driving me crazy, but I'm a captive subsriber...alas. 

Is there any hope that the app will make some sense soon for those of us that want to use it as a music library ala itunes?

Thanks,

KC

6 Replies

Hi! Sure thing, you can do that. Let me help you out: in the app you'll see Your Music and then options to go to your Playlists, Songs, Albums and Artists. Click on any of them. Now, on the new screen (let's say you choose Playlists), swipe/pull down and you'll see a bar appear at the top where it says Filter. To the right side of that bar there's a menu button, click that and you'll be able to choose Downloaded. This will show you only offline Playlists (or artists, albums or songs). 

Happy listening!

Hey thanks!

I had read a post about the filter from around 2012 but couldn't find this mystery filter bar. Your explanation is perfectly clear, and it worked splendidly.

Is there any way once I choose the artist (filtered for my downloads) to then view each of their albums? The way it is now, I choose the artist from my downloads filter but then just get their list of songs. Granted, it's ordered by the albums, but play won't stop at the end of the first album, for example. Any ideas?

Thanks again,
KC

THANK YOU A MILLION TIMES.  This was not intuitive at all!

That works -- though very unintuitive. You'd think the default filter when in offline mode should be to show downloaded albums.

Dude! Y'all still haven't given is an option to see all in one go; must currently goto "playlists" then "songs" then podcasts, then...

These are years old problems!

How to listen music offline with Spotify App:

https://support.spotify.com/uk/using_spotify/the_basics/listen-offline/

BTW: It sems the Spotify app on my iPhone deleted all the albums I downloaded.

Do you have any plans to better this feature in future release of the app?

I am happy to pay for a premium subscription, I'd be happy as well to be able to use the service thought (no internet in the underground and no spotify music as well, unfortunately ^__^" ). 

Suggested posts