Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to Play Song

Unable to Play Song

Suddenly I am getting the message Unable to Play Song on certain songs or entire albums. This only happens on my iphone 6, the same song will play on my computer just fine. It is not artist specific, in some cases I have 2 albums from the same artist in the same playlist...songs from one album will play - the other album will not. It also doesn't appear to matter whether the playlist is set up for offline play or not. Help?

9 Replies

@Nerissa19 wrote:

Suddenly I am getting the message Unable to Play Song on certain songs or entire albums. This only happens on my iphone 6, the same song will play on my computer just fine. It is not artist specific, in some cases I have 2 albums from the same artist in the same playlist...songs from one album will play - the other album will not. It also doesn't appear to matter whether the playlist is set up for offline play or not. Help?

Hey @Nerissa19!

Which version of Spotify and iOS are you running?

ios 8.1.2 on an iphone 6 

Spotify 0.9.15.27.g87efe634

I just got the new iphone and didn't notice the problem before...but it could have just been I hadn't tried the songs that now seem to be having this issue.

Thanks

Same thing here. I just got a replacement for my iphone 6 and after I downloaded spotify again, a bunch of songs won't play.

Thanks for easting my money Spotify. I really appreciate you trying stuff out with final client. Get your **bleep** together and release an app that works or make your services free. Who wants to pay for nothing? Not me.

Two days ago I lost my new phone in a parking lot, then the plow trucks came through!!! So I got the replacement in the mail yesterday. Still a new iphone 6, 64 gig. And get this...all the Spotify songs that didn't work before - now work! I have no idea what is different this time. Would love to know if someone figures it out (in case it randomly happens again). Maybe try deleting Spotify and redownloading it? Wish I had figured out the solution because dropping a phone in Walmart parking lot doesn't seem a really viable fix-even though it seems to have worked for me.

The Spotify team in charge of coding the mobile versions need to test the versions more thoroughly before releasing them to the public. I have been a user of Spotify Premium for around two years, and for the entirety of the two years, I have found countless bugs, always different with each update. This issue is quite a major one, and it has not been dealt with for more than a month now. I really enjoy Spotify, but the amount of bugs is really starting to get on my nerves. I'm seriously considering leaving Spotify for good. I want to be able to listen to my music without having to fight with the app every two seconds.

Same here 😞 Iphone 6 too, got the same bug before with my 5S

This happens for all my local files. Things were working fine on my iPhone 4S but since I've upgraded to the iPhone 6 every local file won't play and a push notification comes up that says "Unable to Play Song"

@Derekk 

There is currently a bug in the iOS app that is causing this "Unable to play" error message when trying to play some local files.

The developers are aware of the problem and are looking into a fix. Hopefully this will be fixed in a future update.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Im getting the same issue but on Android and even on my Windows PC (at home and Work) and not even the same songs. PC is online so i dont see why this would happen. PC at home also has my local library added but PC at work only has spotify tracks. I also tried Disabling high quality tracks at home since it seems there is a problem when using local content with it but still have the issue. Its quite annoying....

Suggested posts