Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to playback music from Spotify on cellular on Apple Watch Ultra 2

Unable to playback music from Spotify on cellular on Apple Watch Ultra 2

I just received my new Apple Watch. I have a cellular plan and I have internet on my watch. I went out for a run the other day and left my phone at home, just my watch and my AirPods. I was connected to the internet and wanted to start Spotify but it would just not allow me to play music. I could press the play button 1000 times but it just does not work. I was connected to the internet and my Airpods were connected to my Apple Watch via Bluetooth, when I activate Siri I can hear her via the Airpods so I can confirm that the Airpods themselves were connected successfully. But it just does not allow me to play, or skip, Here is a video: https://imgur.com/a/bmSDY4Y
4 Replies

Having this issue as well. Using an apple watch series 8 without cellular, but have downloaded a playlist to the apple watch. When I leave my phone at home when going for a run it simply won't play the downloaded playlist. 

Have tried everything, restarting the app, removing the playlist and downloading again. Even tried reinstalling the app, and that solved the issue once, but the next time after that it stopped playing again.

Started a trial for apple music, downloaded a playlist and works just fine.

Hey there folks, 

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community and apologies for the delayed response. 

We'd recommend that you check out this FAQ for further troubleshooting steps you could try to solve this.

Hope this helps. If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Apple watch 4, newest watch OS
Whenever I play Spotify (downloaded playlist) and leave my Wlan-Connection, spotify hangs up. Shouldnt the connection to LTE just play on?
I have to restart the watch 2-3 times, then everything works.
And why do I need internet-connention anyways if I play downloaded content?

Not helpful or an answer.  So basically, every time you want to use Spotify with cellular, you have to remove the app, restart the watch, and re-install the app.  Sorry, I am going back to Apple Music...be better Spotify. 

Suggested posts