Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot delete playlist on iphone

Solved!

Cannot delete playlist on iphone

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

iPhone 11

Operating System

current IOS

My Question or Issue

i tried to clean up my unused playlists but the app doesn’t let me delete playlists. I can open a playlist, press the Burger button and select „remove Playlist“ but just nothing happens. It occurs on all my playlists. Only playlists from others can de „unliked“ and disappear from my list. So I got a bunch of „Shazam“ or old playlists from my birthday years ago 🙂 btw it seems to be „public“ playlists from myself. I tried to unshare them and to set them as secret, too.

thank you for your advice!

55DC1927-43D7-4BAF-8258-EA71D52D6C2A.png
415BDED9-EDA0-4F1E-B65D-7E8F223A8B70.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Spotmax87,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

If you confirm you successfully completed the procedure to delete the playlists, would you mind logging out and then back in? This should help your account sync with the desired changes. If this doesn't do the trick, would you mind sharing a screenshot of what one the playlists you're trying to delete looks like once you open it?

We'll look out for your updates and be here if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

15 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Spotmax87,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

If you confirm you successfully completed the procedure to delete the playlists, would you mind logging out and then back in? This should help your account sync with the desired changes. If this doesn't do the trick, would you mind sharing a screenshot of what one the playlists you're trying to delete looks like once you open it?

We'll look out for your updates and be here if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator

Thank you very much! Logging out and back in did. the trick!

I tried logging out and logging in again. The playlists are empty but I just can’t seem to delete them. 

D43BA632-5288-4C84-9A85-1B6C847FEB52.png
C6841BFC-B65F-47AA-BAC5-29A53457A76C.png

Hey there @yashshah0505

Thanks for reaching out to us about this - we'll be glad to help you out here.

In case logging out and back in didn't solve the issue for you, we recommend running a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on the affected device. This will update the app to the latest version and refresh all its features. Follow the steps here on how to do that.  

If you still observe this after the clean reinstall, try disabling any power saving or data cleaning settings on your mobile device. Alternatively, you can try authorizing Spotify to run without restrictions despite the mentioned settings being enabled. Make sure you try this since such features can often prevent the app from operating at full capacity.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.  

It got solved on its own. Thanks for the reply though.

Hi @yashshah0505,

Thanks for letting us know that everything is working fine now.

If you've done any troubleshooting which helped resolve your issue, you're welcome to share it with the community, as it might help other as well.

Don't hesitate to give us a shout if you have more questions.

Have a great day!

AlexModerator

Hi, I tried all the actions you suggested but without success.
I can’t find the option to remove restrictions, could you show me how select it.
it’s last chance for me....😔

Hey there @Batenri,

Thank you for your post here in the Community.

Can you try the following:

1. Enter the playlist you want to delete.
  2. Click the three dot menu.
  3. Choose delete this playlist

If that doesn't do the trick - can you send us a screen recording when you're trying to follow the steps above?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

It does not work anymore. The delete option is not there

anymore.

Hi @danielderome,

Thank you for posting on this thread!

Could you confirm if you've already tried the steps shared by @Ivan and @Jeremy? These steps seemed to work for other users, so it's worth giving them a try. 

You can also try logging with another account, such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persists.

If none of the steps work, please send us a video recording or some screenshots showing how your app looks, this way we can investigate further. 

Keep us posted.

JulianModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I’m having the same issue and for me it is still not working even after logging out and then back in.

Hey @Momo0894,

Thanks for your reply and for the info shared.

Would you mind sending us the troubleshooting you've tried so far? This way we can avoid repeating any steps 🙂

In this case, just to confirm, can you see the playlists if you log in to your account from a different device? It'd be awesome if you could check. If yes, try deleting the playlist from there.

If that doesn't do the trick, we'd recommend you log out and log in twice onto your Spotify account; this way the system will force a resync of your account.

Lastly, if this persists, it'd be awesome if you could send us a video recording of this, so we can continue investigating further. You can attach the video recording in your next reply in mp4 format, or you can also upload it to YouTube or Google drive and make it public, so we can visualize it.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator

I’ve tried all these methods and none work for me, I logged out, uninstalled the app, tried just deleting the playlist but it never goes away. Please help, thank you.

i have a playlist that shows on my laptop that i deleted on my phone, and when i tried to delete it, it said it wasnt able to.

Make sure your playlist is set to private. Once it’s made private you should then get the option to “delete” your chosen playlist. 

Suggested posts