Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unlimited Account Now Playing Ads

Unlimited Account Now Playing Ads

My unlimited account has been playing ads betweens songs on the radio feature.  I'm paying for no ads...Why am I getting them?  I've tried things posted in the community such as logging out and back in...uninstalling the app and reinstalling...etc.  Please fix or provide a refund.

7 Replies

Hi @keithwarkentin!

Welcome to the Spotify Community! I hope you enjoy your stay here, :D.

Since you're posting this topic in the iOS section, I'm assuming you're using Spotify on an iOS device. Unfortunately, Spotify Premium is required to stream on-demand and without any ads on any mobile device. I believe this has always been the case.

If this does not satisfy you, I would advise getting in touch with the customer service team directly using the online contact form and they might be able to help you out!

If at any point you get an automated response directing you to the community or help pages, you will need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, you can tweet @SpotifyCares

Best of luck!

Spotify on!
Mikey

Spotify | Twitter

Did you like this post? Please add kudos below!
Did this post solve your issue? Accept it as a solution below!

We have been informed by several community members and some discussions with customer service that ad-free radio with unlimited accounts on mobile devices has been withdrawn. Unlimited now only removes adverts on the desktop client, which is how it always was in every other market apart from the US as far as I am aware. 

The only way to remove adverts on mobile and tablet is with a premium subscription I'm afraid. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I sent in an online contact form with my issue.  When I upgraded to unlimited some time back, it states that there are no ads on the radio section...this has changed without my knowledge.  I'm also limited on skips, which was not the case previously.  

I did the same thing, I paid for the Unlimited with the understanding that on my mobile phone, I wouldn't get any advertisements while listening to the radio.  I also sent them a contact form, seems like a poor business practice to remove a tier of membership that people pay for, without notifying them of the change. The $4.99 plan isn't even offered on their site anymore, its just Premium and Free. I think it's ridiculous that I was paying $4.99 for something everyone else is now getting for free! How can you get rid of Unlimited play and still charge people for it! Definitely gonna look into the Google play All Access or rhapsody or something now.

Yes, this is pretty unacceptable. I've been happly on Unlimited for a long time, and was in no way informed of these changes. I've been dealing with this as a bug for the last few weeks, rebooting the phone, uninstalling etc. This was a really shady move. My account still claims to provide what I bought it for: no ads ever. Here is a screenshot from my account today.

spotify.png

That page has been reported as incorrect by a member of the community team - currently waiting for it to be fixed since the Spotify free time limit details is also incorrect after the recent changes.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

What is a good alternative for Spotify where I won't get those annoying ads when I pay for a service ? It is just so annoying, Im only using an ipad at the moment, no desktop ... I really don't see why I should get ads as Im not interested in being able to listen to my music offline ...
And no even in dreams I will pay 5 euros more for something I had when I subscribed to this service and that they removed without any warning.
Yes, Im pissed off ...

Suggested posts