Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Update 8.3.0 ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜” on Ipad

Update 8.3.0 ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜” on Ipad

Hi, I'm very upset! 

I have start my Spotify today morning after automatic update.

Last Spotify update transform my IPad into a huge iPhone ๐Ÿ˜ž i was very satisfied, it was nicely organized app until now. Now I can see only one playlist at time. Menu moved down like on iPhone and more stupid changes. Made this app completely same as on iPhone wasting screen space and capability, advantage of iPad.

Very very unhappy. Make me seriously think stop my subscription of Spotify.

17 Replies

I agree. Bring back to old version. This sucks.

This just looks broken. Maybe it's a glitch. Song name on the left and then 2km to the right the navigation chevron - this is a design fail if it's intended. If I want **bleep**ty navigation I can use Apple Music.

exactly . no way I keep using Spotify premium with this interface on my iPad.

It has just turned to a giant iPhone !!

Same here! If I want an Iphone I'll buy one. I DON'T want the 8.3.0 version!!

I canceled my subscription. The new version also keeps crashing all the time. User interface is so horrible. Why didn't they inform and get feedback from customers prior to changes they made?

Hey everyone,

Sorry to hear youโ€™re not a fan of the new iPad look. The new design will help Spotify deliver new iPad features faster. Stay tuned!

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

You (Spotify) state that all new features are A/B-tested by a select group. Is this true for the new UI as well? I find it really hard to believe that the new UI was preferred over the old 8.2.0.

Dear (Spotify) you took off already working features and tell me that it's gonna help implement new features, well last update has many issues much more that previous version, design not bother me that much like its keep crashing and many information missing, on screen everything it's very far from each other and senseless. actually many times I've been thinking that app on iPad should be same on bigger version of iPhone because it's makes sense but not opposite as you just did. it's just very poorly made. it's a big step backwards. why don't you make it work first before you release it. i don't believe that anyone tested before it was released. I hope that it's gonna change soon because Would be shame loose people just because of this.

I totally agree!! ๐Ÿ˜ญ

I totally agree! How can I downgrade ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Guys, the new Update is horrible. Please bring back the old one...๐Ÿ˜ฉ

Things are really becoming worse and worse in the Spotify iPad app. Weeks ago, I had reported already for version 7.9 that the scrobbling to last.fm had suddenly become unstable. The scrobble button was spontaneously jumping to the "off" position all the time and my last.fm login credentials were lost as well. This is still the case in app version 8.3. Apart from that, the user interface of 8.3 is definitely a step backwards. It does not efficiently make use of the available screen surface: large part of the screen is black where it could have contained valuable information. Ideally, I expect my iPad app to look just like my PC screen, not like my iPhone screen, giving information like artists' biographies, etc. Coming back to the scrobble issue, in the new app the "settings" button is no longer available on all screens either. To re-enter my last.fm credentials, I need to go through several other screens until the "settings" button shows up. All in all, I am quite diappointed: using Spotify on iPad is less a pleasure than it used to be.

Everyone seems to be complaining they don't like the new UI, but I love it!  Finally I can use all the screen space on my iPad and not have the stupid sliding bars all over the place covering content and restricting how much can be shown on the screen. There is definitely room for implement, but this is a great start!

You can use iPhone its same don't need iPad cause anyway cannot see more content but at least one of ten find out good ๐Ÿ˜ฏ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜ญ

Hi Spotify!

This is a terrible update! It just doesn't work for me. I think you should rethink the way you are doing things. I'm sure you can add cool stuff to the app without making it worst. 

Thank you for listening to us!

I also don't like the new Spotify Update for the iPad. I can imaginge that it is easier to just develop one app for both iPhone and iPad, but I think it is very disappointing if a big company like Spotify can not afford enough capacity to develop for both systems equally. The new app wastes so much screen space and offers no more value in comparison to the iPhone Version so I decided to downgrade back to the 8.2.0 version. Here is a video on how to do this if anyone wants to know how to do this on iOS without a Jailbreak (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xL70CLXhF9U). I used version string "821509613" by the way. 

I really hope that Spotify think over their decision about the iPad app and give us the great experience with the old iPad layout back soon.

I have a theory that this isn't about faster releases. It's about trimming the fat to create the conditions for Spotify to go IPO.

Suggested posts