Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Update to version 5.0.0.992 breaks Spotify

Update to version 5.0.0.992 breaks Spotify

Today, I updated my iPad Spotify app to version 5.0.0.992. This version is broken!

Every time that I play a song, it plays for a minute or so, then the app crashes. By "crashes", I mean that it disappears from the task list. I have to relaunch Spotify. Since this morning, I have been unable to play a full song without the app crashing.

I have tried restarting my iPad as well as the Spotify app, all to no avail. No, I am not willing to delete the Spotify app from my iPad and reinstall it. If I do that, I will lose all of my downloaded music.

Please, revert back to the previous version and make it the latest update so we can erase this latest update version from our iPads. Thanks.

10 Replies

Hey @user-removed, sorry that you are experiencing this issue!

Can you also confirm that you have sufficient free space on your device? Only other thing I'd suggest is closing any other apps you have opened recently from your app switcher and seeing if the crashing is still occurring.

Unfortunately if you are still experiencing issues, reinstalling is a key troubleshooting step, as it could point to a glitch that your device itself is experiencing.

Let me know how you go!

Thank you for your reply.

My iPad reports that I have over 3 Gb of space left.

I closed all programs and started Spotify. I started a song and somwhere in the middle, the music stopped and Spotify just disappeared from view.

I tried playing a song using a different music player. I was able to play two in a row without issue.

I understand that, in general, reinstalling a program often eliminates anomalies, but the Spotify app has been working well for a number of years. Further, I believe that the chances that the issue is with this latest version of Spotify outweigh my desire to reinstall the app and then re-download the hundreds of songs that I have on my device.

I must acknowledge that the fact that nobody else has joined this thread to confirm the issue on their iPad seems to point to it being an isolated incident with my installation.

*SIGH* I will see if I can compile a list of my downloaded songs, and then try reinstalling the app and then re-download my songs. 😞

I went ahead and deleted the Spotify app from my iPad.

I then re-installed it from the app store.

I launched the app and entered my credentials.

I then downloaded one playlist.

I started a song from that playlist. It played until the end. Things were looking good.

The second song started. After a few seconds, the app pulled the same stunt: the music stopped and the app disappeared.

There you go.

This latest version is a real showstopper for me. I just have to launch the app and not even use it. After about a minute or so, it disappears.

I would like to be able to uninstall this version and download the previous version for iOS. Is this possible? Thanks.

Hi @user-removed, thanks for trying those things. I will escalate your issue to the Spotify developers, however can you please just confirm what version of iOS your iPad is running?

I am currently running iOS version 9.2.1 (13D15).

Thank you.

Thanks mate, I've passed this on for you.

Hey @user-removed, can you please contact Spotify about this issue, by going through the following link?

Thanks!

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-account/

I will do that now. Thanks!

Suggested posts