Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Use iPhone to control iPad which is in a dock?

Solved!

Use iPhone to control iPad which is in a dock?

Hey guys,

I was reading about Spotify Connect and was wondering if it's possible to use my iPhone to control what song is playing on my iPad which is in a dock? They're both on the same WiFi network.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: The connect symbol doesn't seem to update. They're both showing up in the desktop version but I still can't activate Connect. Anyone know of any fixes? Tried restarting apps & both device. Both up-to-date.

example.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I could be incorrect, but isn't this feature only available to a really small percentages of users so far?  I'm guessing if you don't see the Spotify Connect symbol on your iPad or iPhone then you don't have the feature yet.

I know I don't have it yet.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Hi. It should be possible as long as you have connect on both devices. It's explained in this article.

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I've followed the post and still no luck. Both devices are on iOS 7.0.3 and also Spotify version 0.9.0.8. If it's any help the router I'm using is the Virgin Media Superhub 2.

Would love to be able to get this great little feature working.

Marked as solution

I could be incorrect, but isn't this feature only available to a really small percentages of users so far?  I'm guessing if you don't see the Spotify Connect symbol on your iPad or iPhone then you don't have the feature yet.

I know I don't have it yet.

Yes indeed it is still rolling out. The other issue seems to be that connect-enabled iOS devices don't see each other sometimes unless they are first connected to a hardware partner device which shouldn't be necessary. This was escalated to Spotify the other day following some discussion in this thread.

I can also confirm after a bit of a lengthly dialogue with the Spotify team this feature is still in its "roll out" phase, so if you are yet to get it unfortunately there is nothing we can do but wait!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

darn, that's a real shame. Hopefully I'll get that feature soon.

Thanks!

Also, the connect feauture isn't available in de desktop app yet. I have a pioneer receiver and can use connect between iphone, ipad, and receiver, but not the desktop app yet. 

Can confirm, its "coming soon".

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts