Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Video pausing in other apps when Spotify is is paused and in background

Video pausing in other apps when Spotify is is paused and in background

Plan

Premium

Country

Sweden

Device

iPhone X

Operating System

iOS 12.3

My Question or Issue

I often play Spotify all night and when pausing and then going to Facebook app and starts a video the fb video pauses directly. To fix this I need to close Spotify. I think it started around the same time as many songs got small videos looping during playback.

5 Replies

I can now reproduce the error. It happens when a playlist ends automatically. If I then open Facebook and play videos they pause directly. If I end the Spotify app the videos play ok. I also notice that the alarm (wake up signal) is silent and only vibrates when Spotify has stopped because it reaches the end of a playlist. I also see that the lock screen Spotify looks like it’s in play mode even when Music is stopped. Videos in Spotify is playing endlessly when in play mode. They don’t stop when I stop the music.

Im having the same message. Bummed to see there’s been no response to this problem yet.

Same issue here. I can have Spotify playing then try to open a video on Facebook, Spotify will pause, video will play for approx 1s and pause itself. I can hit play on the video again and it pauses again after 1s again. Similar issue with opening Snapchat videos when I have Spotify playing. The videos play for 1s then freeze. Def getting annoying. I’ve tried deleting and reinstalling all affected apps, no change. Only thing left for me to try is to wipe the phone and restore or wipe the phone and try from scratch. Definitely really annoying at times. 

I had the same problem, just turn canvas off in settings->playback. Then it works. 🙂2637DB1B-EEB9-4E9E-810B-1469E0280F8A.jpeg

Excellent! Thanks! Works for me to!

Suggested posts