Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

View Queue on iPad?

Solved!

View Queue on iPad?

Is there a way to view my play queue in the new iPad version?  A couple of days ago, I had queued up a bunch of songs, but I didn't end up playing them all.  Today, I wanted to listen to a playlist and one song played and then one of the old songs I had queue'd started playing instead of the next song in the playlist.

I understand this is how the play queue works (I use the desktop version of Spotify quite a bit too), but I can't for the life of me find a place in the iPad app to view that queue or to remove stuff from it when I no longer want to hear it (say, a couple of days later when I come back to the app).

Am I just missing it, or is there really no way to see what's in the queue or a way to clear it on the iPad?

104 Replies

They toke many months to fix a bug! So adding the feature might take ages!

This is a must.  Spotify, please implement this feature ASAP.

Can't believe this basic feature isn't implemented yet!

I found a similar version: You can queue songs in a playlist, select not shuffling and then it plays the songs in the wanted order which you can change live be dragging songs up and down! Hope it helps you somehow!

just signed up

i am STUNNED that you can't view or reorder your Queue on ipad or iphone

are we supposed to grab a pen and paper and write it down as we add to our queue?

not sure if i will continue my premium trial and pay if this VERY BASIC feature isn't added very soon.

Pretty basic entry-level functionality being requested here, so it's tough to see how this is some sort of rocket science.

Incredible that this basic function still hasn't been added to iOS! I had high hopes for it appearing in 0.9.0 but alas still not to be. Any idea when it may appear Spotify?

Honestly Android and iPhone already have the feature already. Spotify on iPad is quite a step back with the current features in place.

Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Just download spot queue for iPhone - All the queue control you'll ever likely to need 🙂

So we have another update, 0.9.1, but still can't view the play queue on the iPad? Surely a basic function like this should have been added by now Spotify, or is it too difficult to add this function? Or is it actually there now and I'm completely missing it?

Are people saying they have the play queue in the app on iphone but not ipad?  I know the play queue functionality has been rolling out for about half a year now, and I still don't have it.  Do any of you have it on iphone right now?

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

This function should definitely be added. Little workaround for now, just create a playlist called playing now and add your songs to that. Works better than the queue since it will not be lost when someone by accident clicks on a different song. The latter is what I find annoying.

Yes please. A q would be great

I can't believe this functionality isn't available for a paid service.  I have been using MOG for the past 12 months.  I was satisfied with that service until recently and decided to look at alternatives.  I immediately went to Spotify.  Using Spotify on the PC is fine but I find the iPad app to be very poor.  Can't view the current queue?  Simple queing functions (add to start/add to end).  Given how long this functionality appears to have been missing from the iPad app I think I will be cancelling my Premium subscription before the end of the trial period.  Please Spotify try and get the basics right.

I have this same problem too. The only solution I had was to create a dummy playlist anytime I wanted to "queue up some songs"

I recently purchased an iPad and was really surprised how shoddy the app is compared to its desktop equivalent.  Queing up new songs is one of the beauties of using Spotify, and being able to queue up a few songs at a time and then sort them later is something I do on my laptop constantly, especially when entertaining.

I was really looking forward to using the iPad as a beautifully simple interface when entertaining but it let me down and I"m back to using my big ugly laptop...

Oh. It is just not available. Please implement it...

Can't comment on iPhone app but the iPad one sucks compared to android and win versions. Was it a Friday afternoon 'lets get this finished ASAP as I've got an appointment with the weekend'? Cmon guys you can do better than this . #musttryharder

There is no queue editing in my ipad app, just bought the premium subscription and downloadet app. Could you PLEASE fix this most basic of features ASAP

Agreed
This probably was out on the back burner and forgotten about. Let's give it a little more attention so it is noticed and hopefully fixed.

Very perplexing how you can see the queue on iPhone but not iPad?! The OS is the same essentially. I sure hope you are working on viewing the queue on iPad, as that is my primary source for using Spotify. What good is it having a queue that you cannot manage at all using iPad? PLEASE FIX THIS SOON! Love Spotify but this seems inexcusable.

Suggested posts