Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Volume goes raises significantly for a split second randomly.

Volume goes raises significantly for a split second randomly.

This is a bug that I've experienced in iOS 6 and 7, mostly on an iPhone 4.

While listening to a song (a downloaded song because I'm offline), sometimes the volume will get SUPER loud for a split second, then return to normal. It's incredibly jarring and instantly can make a nice, relaxing morning into a wide-eyed, heart-racing morning.

Currently using v0.7.1.23.

EDIT: The volume doesn't raise to maximum, but merely a significant amount higher than the current volume.

5 Replies

Have you tried reinstalling spotify?

Reinstalling the app did not fix the bug. It has occurred twice this morning. It's going to give me a heart attack!!

It would be great to hear from a Spotify staff member. I don't know of any other way to report bugs.

You can use the online contact form and someone at Spotify will help get this sorted. If you get an automated reply directing you back to the community or to the help pages, make sure to reply to it directly (even though it says not to) to speed things along.

Are you getting any form of notification when this occurs (from another app or message)? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I do not receive any sort of notification or pop-up and the screen doesn't turn on either to signify any sort of system notification). My device is not connected to any sort of wireless service; it's completely offline.

In the past, this has occurred while no other apps are running except Spotify.

Suggested posts