Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Waiting To Download: iPhone won't download offline playlists

Solved!

Waiting To Download: iPhone won't download offline playlists

Hey.

I recently updated my iPhone iOs and had to restore the phone during the process. Since then, all my offline playlists say "Waiting to download", but no tracks ever download. Tracks have the gray download arrow, but never the green one, and are not available online.

I have tried restarting the phone, and the app, and I have tried using three different wi-fi networks, and also 3G & 4G.

Sometimes when I restart the app, the "Offline progress" bar appears for just a second, but then vanishes again.

It's an iPhone 5 Plus. Spotify Premium. Account active. No similar problems in the desktop version.

This is something I use Spotify Premium for a lot, so I would appreciate some help from a moderator here.

Thanks.

69 Replies

Hi, incase anyone is still experiecing this and the above solitions didn't help (I was in this boat half an hour ago).

The way I got it to work was by doing this:
1 - load spotify

2 - make sure wifi is on and connected

3 - find your playlist and turn available offline OFF

4 - close spotify fully

5 - re-open spotify

6 - find the playlist and toggle available offline back ON

That worked for me, hopefully it helps someone else out too.

I managed to fix it on my end by allowing spotify.exe fully in the Windows Firewall.

1 - Click on the magnifying glass

2 - Search for "Firewall"

3 - Select the second option (paraphrasing: "Allow an app via Windows Firewall")

4 - Find spotify.exe (appeared twice in my case)

5 - Make sure both "Private" and "Public" (paraphrasing) boxes are ticked

Spotify then started the downloads on my iPhone (and Android tablet incidentally).

Hope that works for some of you too!

THANK YOU FINALLY!!!!!!

The issue is within the mobile app, not the desktop app.

Follow me

Exactly, the mobile app crashed.

On my iPhone 6 it show, that I downloaded a few playlists (rather 1000 not 3333 songs) but when I try to listen to them offline nothing work!

I tried re-install it, clearing the playlists, allowing the cellular data, wi-fi only but nothing work.

Listening offline on mobile devices is the most important function for me and I feel that I don't get what I bought.

Everything started like 2 weeks ago, before it it work good.

Indeed. This was my problem. McAfee was running, as soon as I turned off the firewall the 4 tracks I wanted downloaded fine. Long live Spotify!

I have an iPhone 7 that seems to have somehow lost all my tracks that were downloaded and now just says waiting for wifi. I have no idea how to resolve, I have logged in/out and reset

I have a great solution;-
1. End subscription to spotify
2. Get free 6 month subscription to apple music

Sound as a best solution for now.

Spotify as I see even did not responde to the problem which is still happening.

apple music sucks

Follow me

I turned off my VPN and that solved it for me.

Most of us do not have VPNs enabled... This is an issue that occurs with
the Mobile App. Still unresolved.
Follow me

Hello,
I go into Spotify again this morning and it says downloading 7 of 7 songs, I removed my other phone devices that were attached, no matter what I try to do to fix it this issue occurs to happen almost every time it's really getting frustrating I installed the latest update and it did not work I try uninstalling and reinstalling the app that didn't fix it anybody that has this problem can you please tell me how to fix it?

<this now works...don't know what's changed>

2017 !!!

just replaced my nexus5 (which doesn't suffer from this problem) to use the iphone 5s (car usb connection only works on iphone) now i can't download my playlists to this new iphone

please un-flag this problem as fixed.

it is not fixed

Spotify Premium offers unlimited downloads, or at least that's what I read in the user agreement, before shelling out money. itunes music, hear I come.

Is there anyway we can find out how many songs we have made to "Offline mode"?

I have a iPhone 6G, with Spotify Premium. I've tried to unistall the program from the PC and unistall the app. Then I rebooted the PC and my iPhone, reinstalled the program first on the computer, set the playlists I listen to most to "Offine mode". The I installed the app afterword the PC-stuff, opened the app and set the playlists I've chosen on the PC so it could start downloading the songs to my iPhone tight away (yes, I'm ofcourse on the same the network with my PC and iPhone..).

So if you guys can help me with this I would be VERY gratefull!

@asonetuh

My gosh man. You are an absolute blessing. Trudging through so many threads to work this out for my desktop and iPhone. Just shared the wifi via my Windows 10 Internet sharing and worked within seconds.

Thank you thank you thank you. Someone give this man a beer.

This worked for me on the iPhone 6: connect computer to the iphone "Personal Hotspot." Boom! 

Mine was downloading something else, not my playlist.  Once 

i stopped the other download of popular songs my playlist downloaded immediately.

Suggested posts