Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Weird recommendations for podcast that I have never listened to.

Weird recommendations for podcast that I have never listened to.

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

(iPhone Xs)

My Question or Issue:

Hi I actually quite like the redesign but am having a weird issue with recommendations. For some reason I have a huge section of my Home tab taken up for a podcast that I never have heard of or listened to (I don’t use Spotify for podcast nor want to). 

It felt really invasive and felt kinda of jarring that Spotify (a friendly user centric company) would foist things in front of me based on no listening data. I understand that it helps OpEx to get people to listen to more podcasts (lower/no licensing costs) but it seems really grubby/greedy to put something in my “home” without asking, is there an option/feature to say “do not recommend?” Or turn the whole podcast side off?

I would appreciate candor if such an affordance does not exist and was decided against. Please do not tell me to go vote on a feature that is neither helpful nor a solution. 

thank you! Usually great design and excellent user experience with a little disappointment in what is usually an exceptional recommendation engine.

41F82043-0043-4F62-96CA-F62FBA9F293C.png
1 Reply

Hey there @Ruhiuk

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community, and welcome 🙂

We understand where you're coming from. Currently, there isn't an option that allows you to turn podcasts off or manipulate your recommendations. 

We really appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and will make sure to pass it on to the right folks as we always strive to improve the experience. 

Don't hesitate to let us know if anything else comes up. 

Cheers.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts