Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why did the iOS app suddenly start to suck?

Solved!

Why did the iOS app suddenly start to suck?

Everything worked like a champ when I was on the free trial.  The day (I mean the VERY day) that I started on a paying subscription, the app started to act horribly.  Only plays 50 seconds per song without closing and reopening the app and syncing doesn't work.  It's been sitting on "Syncing 1 of 301" for over three hours now.  Tried to restart it multiple times, and nothing.  I've browsed around but there doesn't seem to be any real solution to it.

Has anyone found a fix for this?  I did absolutely nothing different from one day to the next so it's not "user error" that this is messing up.  It doesn't even work on my wi-fi at home which is miles better than any 3G coverage, or in the middle of a store with full 3G coverage.  I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling on both my PC and iPhone and nothing changed.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I'm not exactly certain why this is happening to you.  I have two suggestions, which may or may not help, so I apologize in advance if this doesn't work.  First, try synching your iDevice with Spotify using the USB cable, rather than wirelessly.  Even with my fast Wi-Fi connection, synching my iPhone via USB is always faster.  If that doesn't solve the issue, I would try rebooting your iPhone.  Don't just turn it off and back on, reboot it by holding down the power button and the home button for 10 seconds.  You'll see the screen with the slider that says slide to turn off - just keep holding the buttons and ignore that screen until it turns off.  If it doesn't restart on its own, press the power button until you see the apple logo, and then release it.

A third option ocurred to me while writing this post.  If the above two options don't work, restoring your phone might help.  Be sure to sync it and back it up in iTunes before you attempt to restore it, just so you don't lose anything. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

I'm not exactly certain why this is happening to you.  I have two suggestions, which may or may not help, so I apologize in advance if this doesn't work.  First, try synching your iDevice with Spotify using the USB cable, rather than wirelessly.  Even with my fast Wi-Fi connection, synching my iPhone via USB is always faster.  If that doesn't solve the issue, I would try rebooting your iPhone.  Don't just turn it off and back on, reboot it by holding down the power button and the home button for 10 seconds.  You'll see the screen with the slider that says slide to turn off - just keep holding the buttons and ignore that screen until it turns off.  If it doesn't restart on its own, press the power button until you see the apple logo, and then release it.

A third option ocurred to me while writing this post.  If the above two options don't work, restoring your phone might help.  Be sure to sync it and back it up in iTunes before you attempt to restore it, just so you don't lose anything. 

Fully restarting the phone fixed it for the most (syncing) part. I had to delete the playlist I use and rebuild it for it to actually work while streaming regardless of the quality.

hey

is it possible to sync an iphone using usb because the spotify wifi sync is extremely slow.

I have had the same problems with my Android, the really big problem being that spotify is shutting down or at least stalling at every possible turn down the street. At first I thought it was just my phone's really bad connection, then i noticed it was almost as unreliable even when using the wi-fi connection! It even froze my phone more than a few times.

I don't really understand why they charge an extra $4 per month for an incomplete mobile application on top of the premium account. It should be free, maybe a couple bucks more if it wasn't a piece of crap. What good is it listening to music mobilly if I'm grinding my teeth waiting for the track to freeze...again. We pay money for this, the solution should not be 'oh, just make sure you restart the app by completely powering down.' How about Spoitify stops charging for a service it cannot efficiently proivde until it fixes its broken app?

I think this company has the capital now to put out a quality product, but anymore I get the impression they're just milking the cow. We're the cow. I'll wait for the next update, after that I'm switchig to something else....and syncing has never worked for me.

Suggested posts