Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why does my downloaded music rely on phone signal to load?

Solved!

Why does my downloaded music rely on phone signal to load?

I’m running the latest version of the Spotify app on an iPhone 7, with the iOS also fully up-to-date, although this issue has persisted for years. Apologies if it’s been asked before, but I can’t find any relevant answers on here.

This mainly happens when I’m just leaving home and trying to put some music on (where I’m on the edge of my WiFi radius) or on my commute if I hit an area with bad signal. It only affects me when I’m looking to access my downloaded music to find something else to play; it has no effect on music, an album/playlist already playing.

My downloaded music won’t load unless I have good phone signal, or no phone signal at all. I have to turn my phone onto Airplane Mode in order to make anything appear, sometimes repeatedly before my downloaded albums show up.

Why is this happening if the music is supposedly downloaded to my phone?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @vizzee, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

That's because Spotify's trying to connect to the internet and sync things up.

If it detects there's a connection available it will try that first as it is always looking for possible changes made.

When you have a poor connection it will take some time to load things. You can simply turn off the connection or turn on Offline mode in Playback settings.

Hope it helps 🙂

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @vizzee, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

That's because Spotify's trying to connect to the internet and sync things up.

If it detects there's a connection available it will try that first as it is always looking for possible changes made.

When you have a poor connection it will take some time to load things. You can simply turn off the connection or turn on Offline mode in Playback settings.

Hope it helps 🙂

Suggested posts