Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why is my spotify so weird?

Why is my spotify so weird?

My boyfriend and I have a private playlist together and the way it is for him is different from mine, even tho we both don't have premium.
He can for example stop the shuffle or skip to specific parts of a song while I can't.
And when I click on the playlist, not all songs are shown but only like the few first ones.
And that without the album cover.
When I click on the names I see all the songs with the album cover, but when I want to click on the specific song, only a short part of the song gets played like a teaser of the song.
And I know that it's not bc of my account because when I use spotify on my laptop it's just like his spotify on his phone.
2 Replies

Hi there @sheydanrz!

Seems like you're previewing the playlist instead of playing it directly. By clicking on "and more" next to the playlist's contents, you enter a preview mode where all tracks inside the playlist are displayed, but tapping one of them causes the app to play only a short 30 seconds random segment of the song. So in order to play a song in its entirety, you'll have to press the big green Play-in-shuffle button on the right instead, since the Free version of Spotify on mobile doesn't support on-demand playback.

Hope this clears things up. The Community is always here if there's anything else you need assistance with.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

My account does the samething but there is no green play button and when I go to the playlist I made it just says shuffle play and no play button and it plays the 30 second clip of the song too. If you were to help that would be really great thank you

Suggested posts