Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why is the radio function only playing a couple songs and stopping?

Why is the radio function only playing a couple songs and stopping?

I've been using Pandora for a lot of years now, I pay for Pandora One, but I wanted to check out Spotify because I always hear good things about it.  I got a premium account and attempted to use the radio function.  While I'm bartending, I need to use the radio to play music throughout the bar, so i can't have it stopping constantly.

My specific issue is that when I start a radio station, it will play like 4-6 songs, and then stop.  When I restart the radio, it plays the same 5 songs and stops again.  Sometimes, it won't even restart at all, and I need to create a new station, where I will then have the same issue all over again with 5 different songs.

Please help.  I love all of the other features of Spotify, but if the radio doesn't work, I can't justify paying $10/month when I can get great radio functionality from Pandora for $4.

Anybody else have this issue?

1 Reply

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

First thing to try is to follow all of the steps in the iOS troubleshooting guide to see if they make any difference? 

Also, be aware that Spotify is only licensed for personal, non-commercial usage so almost all public playback such as in a bar is against the terms and conditions. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts