Won't sync local files, says it's pending all the time

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Won't sync local files, says it's pending all the time

I added the files to a playlist other than local files, chose to keep it offline on the iphone 5. restarted spotifiy both on computer and iphone. Then it worked fine for the playlist and for the original local files location.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Solution for me was, delete manually one by one all songs on my Local Files playlist, then sync again!

Highlighted

Hi, I've had the same problem going ever since my premium membership expired due to insufficient funds in my account. I've been using Spotify premium for a couple years now. I had premium canceled for some time before, but never encountered an issue with syncing local files, which were all in my starred playlist, which may have something to do with it. Spotify doesn't allow files to be available offline on mobile, which includes local files, I assume. Either this is a mistake, or Spotify isn't allowing non-premium members sync their local files. I tried making another account, and until I activated premium, Spotify wouldn't sync my local files to my phone. 

Also, I'm using an iPhone 5 and syncing from a Windows 7 PC. 

Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable

I'm on OSX 10.9, Spotify latest versions on both Mbp & iPhone5 iOS 7.0.4. Devices are connected via Wi-Fi. As you can see in the attached screenshot I get this 'pending' message, too. I've also tried to delete all local files, unselect and select the folder in the preference pane but nothing has helped. Any idea?

spotifyError.jpg
Highlighted

Community Legend

Do you have plenty of free space on your phone @user-removed ? 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable

Yeah as you can see (jepp its a bit wishy-washy) there is plenty of space left(nearly 4GB and I was trying to sync 300MB). I got it to work. I've created a playlist with the local files on my Mbp. After the lists appeared on my iPhone with a count of "0 of X tracks" I made the playlists offline available. The syncing started. But this should normally work easier shouldn't it?

Highlighted

I pay for premium, so I'm not sure my solution will apply to the free version, but it's worth a try. I kept getting pending on my way out for a roadtrip, and we can all agree, not having to worry about service and having the playlists downloaded to phone is important on long drives.  

There is a chance it is a space issue most likely on the phone. i deleted some playlists, particularly the one's i hadn't listened to in quite some time, and the new playlists began to download. make sure to delete the playlists from your laptop/desktop. they then are auto-deleted from your phone. you should then see the playlists on your phone start to download. one annoying thing is that if you switch apps while they're downloading, they pause. hope this helps 

Highlighted

i'm glad i'm not the only one with this issue. has anyone found a solution? this is driving me nuuuuuuuuts ugh

Highlighted

Community Legend

The "pending" thing seems to happen mostly if there is insufficient free space (less than 1GB) on the iOS device. If this applies, please try freeing up some space then try again.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

I tried making a playlist and syncing it to my iphone 5s and it syncs but then when I go to play the songs from the playlist it still tells me I need to sync. This is very irritating. I'm sure is just happening with my iPhone 5s because I have an iPad mini and both of the playlist and my local files sync and work fine. This needs to be fixed soon. I pay for a premium account and have been for over a year now. I would love to continue using the service but if this doesn't get fixed I may be reconsidering.

SUGGESTED POSTS