Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Wrong song displayed

Wrong song displayed

Plan

Premium

Country

United Kingdom

Device

iPhone 7

Operating System

iOS 12.1.4

My Question or Issue

When playing to a wireless speaker that has Spotify connect, if I skip to a specific song in the que the song display will not change on my phone. Only after a song has fully played through will the phone display update. 

3 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

I'd also recommend updating to iOS 12.2 🙂

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

sometimes the Internet speed can interfere with spotify and cause this problem but a simple refresh of the app will fix this problem.

I have this problem almost every time I play a song to a wireless wifi speaker, and it always happens when I change the volume. When I move the volume up and down it changes the displayed song to a different song and then back to the song that is actually playing. Gets pretty frustrating. I'm using the installed desktop app for Mac. I have reinstalled, refreshed, deleted temp files and all that stuff. My internet connection is fast and consistently. 

Suggested posts