Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Your music not in ipad version

Solved!

Your music not in ipad version

I've read the release notes for the latest version of the ios app and looked at the sticky thread of this board about the new version and FINALLY figured out that although the release notes say that Your Music is available in the new version of the ios app, it seems to only be in the iPhone version. A) why claim something is there when it's not?
B) please add this to the ipad version of the app soon. When I saw it was finally a way to sort my music on desktop, it's why I came back to spotify premium. I figured it'd be along soon enough on the mobile apps. I've got it on my android phone, but not on my ipad? That's just dumb. Please fix soon.
C) give us an update as to how long till you are adding the missing features reported in the release notes to the ipad version of the app. Seriously, talk about a loss of trust with your customers.
117 Replies

C'mon spotify people are really fed up with this now. Stop everything and sort it out, stop leaving customers in the pissed off mode. Premium users pay good money got your service and you act like your a little indie company.
At least. Someone official give us an update.

Please give us an Update to the iPad App!! We'vew aited for the new features really enough now!!!!

Please Spotify, at least give us an update on this. It's so frustrating having an ipad app that doesn't have half my music in it! Thanks!

Why are you rolling out features only on some platforms?! People nowadays use different platforms parallel. We are paying for this Spotify, dont treat us like idiots. There are other streaming services out there, too...

Um, just had a look at my Girlfriends iPad and still no My Music, is this a **bleep**ing joke?

It seems like a joke to me. Such a long time has gone by and still no 'my music' feature on the iPad. It is very sad that you are not able to develop a feature for the ipad which has already been developed for the iphone - same code, new UI. Can't be that difficult, can it?

I am still very disappointed and am still looking for other solutions like deezer, rdio, etc. But couldn't find the right one that fits my needs. Any ideas? I need to work with own offline mp3-files, as well. Deezer has an upload function, but that works quite bad with large files (1h +)... 

That's a great question Philix. Anyone want to share good alternatives to Spotify since they obviously don't care about the iPad users?

#SpotifySucksonIpad

I recently canceled Spotify for similar reasons.  I was not as concerned about the iPad but rather Sonos.  New features kept coming out for the iOS version that would never reach the Sonos.  No radio? Discover? 'Your Music' was the last straw.  Spotify has a killer desktop application, awesome features, and some quick buffering but their integration across platforms is an outright disaster-case.  People expect some discrepancy across platforms but it is getting out of control. 

ANYWAY!  I went over to Google Play and would recommend them based on your concerns.  

The good:

- Great sound quality

- Deep feature-set (ability to edit meta-data and album artwork!)

- Ability to add whatever songs that are not licensed from your personal collection (hello Beatles!, etc)

The bad:

- No gapless playback

- No desktop app

Overall it was a win for me.  You will have to decide for yourself.

Take care!  

I tweeted to @SpotifyCares about this for a second time this weekend:

"Why does @spotifycares keep ignoring ipad users dissatisfaction with its product? bit.ly/1qor76T #GiveUsAnUpdate #SpoitfySucksonIpad"

And got the most lame response I've had on this subject yet:

"@<snip>Thanks for the feedback. We've no timeframe as yet, check here for any announcements: spoti.fi/1jRAA18 /Z"

That link? leads to the Spotify blog. So all they're saying is they don't care at all about us and our desire.

I'm gonna go look at Google Play as an alternative to my PAID premium Spotify account. 

Since Spotify has decided to completely ignore our calls for a much needed iPad update, I have started giving 1 star reviews to the app updates in the App Store with an explanation as to why. I strongly encourage you to do the same. Maybe they will take notice then.

Excellent idea. I rated this sucky update of the spotify for ipad app that came out TODAY just one star.

You should too

#spotifysucksforipad

I guess it's time to start asking Spotify for partial credits on my monthly bill .
Say 10 bucks down to 5

I recommend everyone ask for credits .

I agree we need some info on when my music is coming to ipad I use my ipad to browse when I'm playing music through iphone which have I have docked, this really needs to be sorted out soon find it so frustrating I'm not using spotiffy as much now because off this I may well cancel if not sorted out soon

Given the fact the The iOS version of Spotify is universal app, the only thing preventing the iPad version from having a My Music section is UI programming. Since this is the case, there are really only two possible reasons why this hasn't happened yet: Internal politics or contracts.

In other words, this has nothing to do with the abilities of the engineers to deliver a product. Someone is holding them back for reasons entirely outside their control. I will guarantee you that Spotify has had the iPad UI changes ready for months, and there is either an internal business reason or power struggle, or a clause in the contract with the record labels preventing them from releasing it.

Recent update from support. Not good news at all.

Received this morning. Any suggestions for alternative services ? I miss Mog!

As you're already fully aware, there's not been an update for the iPad recently, meaning it doesn't have the Your Music feature like the other devices we support do. As much as I'd love to be able to tell you that we're going to release an update soon, there's currently no plans to do so. Sorry about that!

Nice for someone at Spotify to finally give some sort of answer, the question is why? When you've clearly got a whole load of paying customers who aren't happy and an inconsistent experience across different platforms that makes the user experience on the ipad in particular really poor. We deserve a bit more information here.....

@spom409 wrote:
Recent update from support. Not good news at all.

Received this morning. Any suggestions for alternative services ? I miss Mog!

As you're already fully aware, there's not been an update for the iPad recently, meaning it doesn't have the Your Music feature like the other devices we support do. As much as I'd love to be able to tell you that we're going to release an update soon, there's currently no plans to do so. Sorry about that!

I'd decided to send a tweet to Spotify and also to the Twitter account of Daniel Ek (Spotify CEO).

I got a reply last night which, although not as negative as the one you got, still doesn't bode well for an iPad update:

"Hey Steven! We don't have an exact date for an iPad update but we'll let our developers know you're keen to see it!"

I've gotten that same tweet before. Jerks.

I've started trying again Google Play All Access the past few days and am pleased to find it much better than when it was first launched. 

Same price as Spotify, huge library (no holes yet) and the app on Android phones is great. Nothing specifically for ipad at this time, but the iphone version works just fine on ipad and.... you can sort by album and artist. Imagine that!

They have a free 30-day trial that I am using as an experiment. If it keeps going well, bye bye Spotify.

Please keep us posted on Google play.
Does it allow you to manage a library that can be played from either the iPhone or iPad?

The challenge with Spotify is the inability to save / manage music on one device and be able to find and play it on the other due to the software difference..
If I am home, I use the iPad. When I travel, I'd like to be able to access my library on my iPhone.

Spom409 thanks you have hit the nail right on the head there. Spotify please listen to your customers or give us a decent explanation as to why this feature is not In the ipad app!

Suggested posts