Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Your music not in ipad version

Solved!

Your music not in ipad version

I've read the release notes for the latest version of the ios app and looked at the sticky thread of this board about the new version and FINALLY figured out that although the release notes say that Your Music is available in the new version of the ios app, it seems to only be in the iPhone version. A) why claim something is there when it's not?
B) please add this to the ipad version of the app soon. When I saw it was finally a way to sort my music on desktop, it's why I came back to spotify premium. I figured it'd be along soon enough on the mobile apps. I've got it on my android phone, but not on my ipad? That's just dumb. Please fix soon.
C) give us an update as to how long till you are adding the missing features reported in the release notes to the ipad version of the app. Seriously, talk about a loss of trust with your customers.
117 Replies

And your naked assertion is just as meaningless as my informed guess regarding the why.

My statements regarding the particularness of the labels, and the tightrope that Spotify walks is absolutely true.

Hold on a moment Teilo, while I believe you might be on to something, there have been other posts indicating that other tablets actually have the "My Music" feature.

Why would Spotify provide "My Music" on other tablets but not iPad if what you say is true?

Android tablets do have the feature, partly because there's not much of a hard line between tablet and phone apps on Android like there is on iOS. Also, even though there are a lot more Android tablets out there, the acual usage of Android tablets is dwarfed by the usage of the iPad by a huge margin:

http://chitika.com/insights/2014/q3-tablet-update

And as I said, the labels are very particular, and often arbitrary in their demands. There could very well be contractual obligations that apply to Apple class devices that do not apply to the Android devices which came to market later.

Unless you actually work for Spotify or have hard evidence that this is actually the case, please may I suggest that you refrain from making speculative remarks. You're merely making excuses for the poor service that Spotify are providing premium customers that pay £120 per year and receive little in the way of updates for their device. Your argument is not in any way constructive to this petition.

As opposed to the futile demands that other people have been making, to no effect?

The claims of others that Spotify is: "Incompetent", "Uncaring", etc., are no less speculative than my empirically more likely suggestion, yet you only tell me to shut up. Physician, heal thyself.

Also, you seem to be under the mistaken impression that this forum is the place to petition Spotify. It is not. That is why these forums are called "Community Help".

Two more posts that add nothing to the conversation. Please stop. If enough people see this post, and take the time to complain, then perhaps Spotify will actually sit up and take note.

These forums have their own appointed hall monitors. I'm sure they will do their job.

Teilo, you seem very educated as to why we are in the wrong forum and why Spotify can't rock the contractual boat. Where have you got this information from? Can you tell us all where the right place to petition is? please don't beat up on me, I'm just a part of a "community forum" who are trying to get a result. We are all supportive of each other with a simple, common goal and I wondered if you are a supporter of this forum. If so can you please help us along with some suggestions? If not, would you mind politely sitting this one out? We actually just want to be able to use our iPads for Spotify just like all other devices. Are you with us? I would love to know why this feature hasn't been implemented and where else I can petition to get this feature sorted. Your input could be useful.

It's never a good policy to try to drive away a thoughtful, interested commenter. If you think this forum thread will accomplish something, chatter about this issue that bumps it to the top can only help.

I'm pretty sure Spotify knows a lot of iPad users want My Music and they (Spotify) do want to bring it to us. Did they screw up the app dev or the label negotiations? I think with such a delay it's pretty clear by now that if they could be completely honest, they would admit they screwed up big time in some way.

An ETA would certainly be nice. The lack of one suggests it is not entirely in their control (i.e. contracts w/labels).

@SameLuke you may want to look at this idea about your music for ipad: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Your-Music-should-be-available-on-the-iPad/idi-p/72175...
Add your kudos and comments there if you want. 🙂
☆✩✪ Want to help out? Become a Spotify Rock Star today! ✪✩☆
Jag svarar på svenska via pm eller via twitter

Binaural track - listen with headphones with good volume!

This is ridiculous now, as for anything about artist/contracts.
There is no way that a sort of clause would be put in for labels to say, you can't have my music on iPad.

Ever seen the message that certain Youtube videos are unavailable on mobile devices?

Or notice that you can watch Monday Night Football on the iPad but not on the iPhone. 

'Your Music' seems like just a much better way to organize features that are already availably on the iPad (able save to device etc) but I don't think it's completely absurd for it to be a legal hangup.

When will a spotify rockstar get proactive and ask for clearance to tell us all what is going on??

Are you serious, todays update for iPad includes a Quebecois language support?! Those are the issues you are concerned with?!

I just saw the update today. It's little things they keep adding while avoiding he obvious problems ism like a slap to the face.

Yes, this is odd! I'm new to Spotify, and I exepected the iPad version to beat the iPhone version in features, but it's the other way around!

Looks like it's been like this for a while too. Makes you wonder if Spotify are in trouble somehow? The iPad and iPhone version shold be pretty similar source-code wise, so it can't be a huge effort to keep them in parity.

Hmm.. I get this email saying someone has replied. It was a very interesting reply too.

Then I go here and the reply is nowhere to be seen.

Is the Spotify staff removing critical posts?

If so, this would be s a very bad sign for the company, and it would be high time for introspection.

I've been around for a while, and I can see the writing on the wall when updates stop coming, major functionality never shows up, and community members get censored.

I like that I can use my rpi and listen to Spotify without having to use the airplay method, which can be limiting and annoying at times.

I can't get that with some of the alternatives at the moment.

Being an album guy, I was happy to see the Your Music feature (I have never even bothered creating a playlist in my life), and equally unhappy when it's wasn't on the iPad. I also expected the iPad's large screen to be much better utilized.

I might use Spotify for a few months. I like getting access to some older esoteric Nordic stuff, being a Swede myself.

But in the long term I'll keep my fingers crossed for other options.

Oh, one more thing: On the US site, which I get directed to all the time for some reason, the price is USD 9.99. Fine, I can afford that.

Then when I look at signing up, it's suddenly £9.99. Whaat? Ripped off again for being in the UK. Perhaps I'll pass on this after all.

P.S: Ok, so I'm now a "Gig Goer". Bit silly to send an rank update after every single posting... Sort of devalues it. (In my case it's a total waste.)

P.P.S: And now I'm a Concert Regular! Soon I'll be the CEO of Spotify at this rate!

Yup. It looks as is my post about ending my Spotify premium subscription over this issue was deleted from this thread. The thread I created with that post though is still available:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-iOS-iPhone-iPad-iPod-Touch/I-cancelled-Spotify-Premium-and-You-...

Being Switzerlanded as well. We pay 13.95 CHF which converts to 14,75 USD or 9.20 GBP. It's a shame.

What's up with the iPad version though? Really bad there's still no update. My workaround is to select songs from My Music on iPhone and using the Connect feature to play these on iPad.

Still no Your Music on ipad . Fail .

Are they really working on this or is it all just bull?

Suggested posts