Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Your music not in ipad version

Solved!

Your music not in ipad version

I've read the release notes for the latest version of the ios app and looked at the sticky thread of this board about the new version and FINALLY figured out that although the release notes say that Your Music is available in the new version of the ios app, it seems to only be in the iPhone version. A) why claim something is there when it's not?
B) please add this to the ipad version of the app soon. When I saw it was finally a way to sort my music on desktop, it's why I came back to spotify premium. I figured it'd be along soon enough on the mobile apps. I've got it on my android phone, but not on my ipad? That's just dumb. Please fix soon.
C) give us an update as to how long till you are adding the missing features reported in the release notes to the ipad version of the app. Seriously, talk about a loss of trust with your customers.
117 Replies

Definitely gonna be looking at Tidal when its available..Qobuz too.

I left Spotify for Rdio today. Join me. Everything you're looking for on Spotify already exists on Rdio, on ALL platforms. 'Nuff said.

Nah, I'm just not using the iPad cliet.

TBH, I haven't used Spotify that much, but it does have stuff I'm interested in.

And it has 3rd party cient software for Linux. And the bitrate is good.

I can't see myself paying regularly for any of these services though, as I like

owning what I like to listen to. Not being held hostage to paying yet again..

@kevinwadinge

I tried ditching Spotify for Rdio (and also Google Play) but I came back. The main reason was the catalogue on Rdio/Google was missing a lot of the music I liked. Also, the Spotify mobile app for iPhone is the best of the 3.

I left spotfy for radio too, I'm satisfied!

and also the app does not have the radio bug as as the spotfy

Ditto - same problem and could not find this message easily on the site.  Hopefully, it gets fixed SOON.

This string is months old. Still no fix for ipads?

I think the general consensus of this thread is that there's no technical reason that Your Music has not been implemented on the ipad and that its not available for (secret) legal/licensing reasons.

If that's the case then spotify should just tell us, not keep saying it's coming soon. Or why not make the iPhone app so we can use it on the iPad and scrap the iPad app.

Finally the belly-aching can stop.

Are you happy now?

Folks - It has finally arrived! Your Music on iPad! It's a glorious day.

its very nice to finally have my music on the ipad but I have to say the ipad design is pretty weak.

No matter though I'm happy I have my music all in one spot.

Oh yes, there my Album collection is!

Glad I only recently joined...

I like the iPad music browser (with info on various artists etc). not sure if that's new-ish too.

(I sort of dismissed the iPad app earlier as it wouldn't really make much sense not being able to 

access my album list.)

Now they just need to add a centralised list of recent listens, regardless of which app you listened via, just like any other on-line streaming app (Netflix et. al).

(If there is one, I haven't found it yet!)

Going in the right direction at least!

Marked as solution

Hey guys!

Yes, iOS version 1.9 has just been released!

This update brings the new design and "Your Music" to the iPad.

Enjoy! Thanks for your patience. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi Matt,

Certainly good news for all us iPad users. Would be interested to hear what the official reason for the wait was from a Spotify employee, are you able to say? Was it a legal thing or just take ages to get te design right?

Cheers,

Rtan

I can't say much about it, but it's definitely not a legal thing.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Cool, no worries 😊 Do you work for the design team?

No I don't, but I have an understanding of why it took so long. 😉

MattSudaSpotify Star

Suggested posts