Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

any benefit to updating the app to latest version?

any benefit to updating the app to latest version?

None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone XR 

Operating System

(iOS 14.8.1 

(Spotify Version) 8.6.98.1447 

My Question or Issue

At the time of this writing, the latest Spotify app version is: 8.7.42 on IOS.

I mainly use Spotify to listen to a few exclusive podcasts. Plus music of course.

However, since I use Voiceover, Apple's screen reader, I'm always concerned that if I update the app, a feature / function may break Accessibility wise.

So, are there any compelling reasons for me to update the app? New functions, Accessibility improvements etc.

Since the release notes just say: "We’re always making changes and improvements to Spotify. To make sure you don’t miss a thing, just keep your Updates turned on."

I'm unable to tell anything by that rather standard wording.

Otherwise, it's just update for update sake. lol 

Thanks in advance for any new goodies that anyone can share plus Accessibility changes of course.

1 Reply

Hi there @danielmcgee! Thanks for bringing this to the Community and welcome! 🙂 

As the changelog says, Spotify is constantly making changes and improving its app on each new update, whether with features, security, or bug fixes so that's why is very important to keep the app updated.

Also, an important thing to mention here is that Spotify is always testing new things, you can read more here about this, so that's another important reason to keep the app updated to make sure you don't miss a thing.

Hope this helps. If you have another question, feel free to reach out to us again. Have a great day!

/Mateus.

MateusMSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts