Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

can't send songs to friends

can't send songs to friends

Hello!

On my mobile app, I can't send songs to friends. Also, my friends are saying they can't send songs to me. This is frustrating. 

5 Replies

Hey @katelinsu

Does this post sound similar to your problem? Are you trying to send it to people who have not linked their Spotify account to their Facebook profile and they do not show up in the "send to" list?

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-iOS-iPhone-iPad/How-to-share-music-with-members-of-family-plan...

I have seen several reports of this. If you can confirm that is the problem you are having, I can forward the reports to Spotify so they can look into the problem.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have not linked my account to facebook and I really dont' want to. However, my friends have sent me songs in the past via the in app messaging system so I am not sure why it's not working. 

Hey @katelinsu

I've asked around and this seems to be a bug with the iOS app. I'll forward your post so this can be looked into.

In the iOS app it only lets you send songs to users who have connected their Spotify account to Facebook. Even if you connected to Facebook, you won't be able to send music to a user who has not connected to Facebook. So whether you connect to Facebook or not, it still doesn't work properly.

However, sharing songs does work in the desktop app. You could try using to desktop app to share songs for now. Right click a song and click on "Share" ---> then clck on "send to".

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I also would be very happy if you could escalate this for us, Matt 🙂
Thanks in advance!

I also cannot send songs to friends on Desktop and we're all conneced to Facebook. Super frustrating, and I'm on Premium! Also just updated to the latest Spotify.

Suggested posts