Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

can you play spotify playlists in airplane mode - ie. no wifi or cellular connection?

Solved!

can you play spotify playlists in airplane mode - ie. no wifi or cellular connection?

I live in europe and the signal here is TERRIBLE. I am a fitness instructor too and its too expensive to keep buying new songs. Hopeing to buy the spotify premium and make playlists and play them during my classes but while my phone is not connected to anything. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there!

Welcome at the Spotify Community!

With Spotify Premium you should be able to make playlists, and save them for offline use. At your playlist, make sure that 'Offline available' (translated so it might be named a little bit different) is checked.

Spotify will then download your playlist, and you should be able to play this music offline.

If Spotify says it doesn't have an connection in Airplane mode, simply check 'Offline mode' at the settings menu.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there!

Welcome at the Spotify Community!

With Spotify Premium you should be able to make playlists, and save them for offline use. At your playlist, make sure that 'Offline available' (translated so it might be named a little bit different) is checked.

Spotify will then download your playlist, and you should be able to play this music offline.

If Spotify says it doesn't have an connection in Airplane mode, simply check 'Offline mode' at the settings menu.

@allieVD wrote:

I live in europe and the signal here is TERRIBLE. I am a fitness instructor too and its too expensive to keep buying new songs. Hopeing to buy the spotify premium and make playlists and play them during my classes but while my phone is not connected to anything. 

It's not that terrible everywhere in EU.

In Finland it's extremely hard to find even area where no 3G connection... If you use Elisa Mobile network. And they are putting fast 4G LTE also now to base stations. But I have no need fot these faster speed, tried however in phone for 2 months and now I have 21 Mbps 3G plan on my Spotify phone. Even if you go to woods, there's 3G most of time with you (Only 3G needed). And this heaven here is also Unlimited...

But yeah, just get Premium and download playlist you want to offline. Max. 3,333 songs in one device. Download via Wifi (home connection) or Mobile network possible. Remember to download in 320 kbps extreme quality 😉

My plan updated now, had some problems with 4G LTE, sometimes was unable to receive calls... There was problem to reach number... who call me... most of times... Unfixed prob in LTE here. 3G 21/5 now activated, speed at home 5,75 Mbps / 0.5 Mbps. Nice for Spotify when out... At home I have home internet 100 Mbps (stable).

Personally I love the mobile network Three in the UK. 3G almost EVERYWHERE plus 4G LTE at no extra cost. Unlimited data, unlimited texts and 200 minutes? Bargain in my opinion.

JOEBOT, lovingly handmade by MattSuda - I'm not the only sexy rock star, there are plenty of others that are happy to help you out. Just look for the star by their name.
-
I AM NOT AN EMPLOYEE OF SPOTIFY AB. I am just a thirteen year old child trying to help out. I am not paid to help or say any views of Spotify AB or any of it's affiliates, so the least that you could do is share some kudos, or, if I helped you out, mark my post as a solution. It makes me all fuzzy inside

Unless you live in north wales like me, all mobile phone networks suck around here!

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts