Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

cant sync my spotify files to my ipod

cant sync my spotify files to my ipod

i have a ipod nano, i cannot sync the files i have downloaded on to my spotify accounct to the ipod, i am a premium coustermer just started my 30 day free trial, i have set all the songs to available offline mode and they seemed to sync on to spotify but i still cant them on my ipod, when i plug my ipod in it says syncing but it only synced the songs that were already on the ipod to my spotify rather than put the new ones on, and it says "only local fines" with a litle orange circle with a minus sign in it over the spotify playlist and they dont sync on to ipod, spoify promise u can sync all songs on to your devices! how do it it?

3 Replies

I'm afraid you can only synch local files(files you own as mp3s or whatever) to your nano. Spotify content can only be synched to devices which can run a spotify application for copyright reasons. This is explained in more detail in this post. If your only reason for taking a premium subscription was to synch Spotify content to your nano, you may want to cancel.

If you want to take this up with Spotify, use the online contact form and someone at Spotify will get back to you.

I'm new to Spotify so don't laugh if I ask a stupid question that everybody else new from day one, but how do I download songs from Spotify to my Nana Ipod??? It was a no brainer to automatically download the songs to my Android. Thanks!

Pocketchange3

It is not possible to sync any content from the Spotify catalogue to an iPod nano I'm afraid. You can only listen to Spotify content on devices which have a supported Spotify app.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts