Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

discover based on artists in app?

Solved!

discover based on artists in app?

The desktop program suggests albums based on artists I have listened to, very specifically linking them (as in, because you listed to X, try Y). The latest version of the IOS app does not have this feature, or at least I cannot find it. Is there any way to do this in the IOS app? (The current recommendations of artists are just names, which is not enough information to make a choice.)

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

So I figured out the answer to this issue. As many may recall, in previous versions of the app, Spotify would like artists that were recommended on the basis of what you had recently listened to. So, if you listened to Elvis Costello, you would see a set of artists or albums under a heading of "Because You Listened to Elvis Costello." I found this feature useful.

Spotify's newest app still has this feature, but you have to look around for it. Under search, you can select the "Discover" tile and then scroll down and you will find suggestions linked to artists you have listened to. 

Problem solved. It would certainly be helpful if there was a place on Spotify that helped find all the features in the app.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Hey @dberiss, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Could you please be more specific about this feature?

Attaching any screenshots would help me more 🙂

Thanks!

Marked as solution

So I figured out the answer to this issue. As many may recall, in previous versions of the app, Spotify would like artists that were recommended on the basis of what you had recently listened to. So, if you listened to Elvis Costello, you would see a set of artists or albums under a heading of "Because You Listened to Elvis Costello." I found this feature useful.

Spotify's newest app still has this feature, but you have to look around for it. Under search, you can select the "Discover" tile and then scroll down and you will find suggestions linked to artists you have listened to. 

Problem solved. It would certainly be helpful if there was a place on Spotify that helped find all the features in the app.

Suggested posts