Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Solved!! how do I find out what song I just heard.

PlanPremiumCountry USDeviceiPhone 6Operating SystemiOS My Question or Issue I just heard a song play on my iphone. I went to find out what song it was and accidently hit something and it started playing a different song. I see a recently played menu ...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country  US Device iPhone 6 Operating System iOS   My Question or Issue  I just heard a song play on my iphone. I went to find out what song it was and acci...
  • Bethany_Dawn
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Constant Waze Banner

Every time I open the mobile app (version 8.4.65) on my iPhone 8, a banner appears at the top of the screen asking if I want to connect to Waze. When I click “Cancel”, the app crashes. Does anyone know how to get rid of the banner permanently without...

• Visitor
  •   Every time I open the mobile app (version 8.4.65) on my iPhone 8, a banner appears at the top of the screen asking if I want to connect to Waze. When I click “Cancel”, the app crashes. Does a...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • app crash
    iphone
    iphone app
    Waze
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle playlists only playing first 100 tracks

PlanPremiumCountry UKDeviceiPhone SEOperating SystemiOS 11 My Question or IssueSince getting a chromecast audio, my iPhone Spotify will only play the first 50-100 tracks from my playlists, many of which are 500-1000 tracks long. This happens all the ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  UK Device iPhone SE Operating System iOS 11   My Question or Issue Since getting a chromecast audio, my iPhone Spotify will only play the first 50-100 tracks...
  • Reanspot
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes

App closing since update

None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.PlanPremiumCountry FranceDeviceiPhone 6sOperating SystemiOS 11.4.1 My Question or Issuehello i have trouble opening my app everytime...

• Casual Listener
  • None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help. Plan Premium Country  France Device iPhone 6s Operating System iOS...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 3 likes
  • App doesn’t work
  • 8 replies
  • 3 likes

Glitching/Phone Restarting

Anyone else having a problem when playing the music without headphones through speakers, and it kinda starts to glitch, then the middle button stops vibrating causing a forced restart on the phone? I double checked with Apple themselves says my phone...

• Anyone else having a problem when playing the music without headphones through speakers, and it kinda starts to glitch, then the middle button stops vibrating causing a forced restart on the phone? I...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists not updating between pc and iphone 5s

The playlists on my iphone 5s have stopped udating automatically when I change the playlists on my pc. They have done so since I subscribed to Premium last year. Any solutions would be welcome. Phil

• Visitor
  • The playlists on my iphone 5s have stopped udating automatically when  I change the playlists on my pc. They have done so since I subscribed to Premium last year.   Any solutions would b...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Cannot download Spotify App Iphone5

PlanPremiumCountry Canada DeviceiPhone 5,Operating SystemiOS 10 My Question or Issue Am premium member, but hubby can't download (no option to install) the spotify app on his IPhone 5. We've tried pressing the home/lock button, and checked all restri...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Canada   Device iPhone 5, Operating System iOS 10   My Question or Issue  Am premium member, but hubby can't download (no option to install) the spotif...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone SE v 8.4.65 - app crash

PlanFree/PremiumCountry USADeviceIPhone SEOperating SystemiOS 11,4.1 My Question or Issue My app will not stay open for more than 15 seconds. I am unable to play any music. A blank text box with an option to close it appears, but does nothing/crashes...

• Regular
  • Plan Free/Premium Country  USA Device IPhone SE Operating System iOS 11,4.1   My Question or Issue  My app will not stay open for more than 15 seconds. I am unable to play an...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Crash
    iOS
    iphone
    se
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Issue with Shuffle using in-car Bluetooth controls (Subaru Forester)

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceiPhone 8Operating System iOS 11.4.1 I have a 2018 Subaru Forester Premium (no CarPlay) and I can no longer use the in-car buttons for shuffle and repeat in tandem with Spotify.I have confirmed this issue is locali...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device iPhone 8 Operating System   iOS 11.4.1         I have a 2018 Subaru Forester Premium (no CarPlay) and I can no longer us...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! No back option

Been a regular Spotify user, today I notice that the new update of Spotify removed the back song option, when my iPhone is locked. I like to lisen songs more than one time and I liked this option. How can I have it back? Thanks.

Capture.PNG
  • Casual Listener
  • Been a regular Spotify user, today I notice that the new update of Spotify removed the back song option, when my iPhone is locked.  I like to lisen songs more than one time and I liked this opti...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No download toggle on mobile

Basically until today when I reset my library, I could download things automatically in playlists and on my library. Now, the only way I can download is by adding to a playlist, hitting the three dots, tapping download and then adding to my library.P...

• Casual Listener
  • Basically until today when I reset my library, I could download things automatically in playlists and on my library. Now, the only way I can download is by adding to a playlist, hitting the three dot...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • broken
    Mobile
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Korean input error

PlanPremiumCountry USDeviceiPad mini 4Operating System(iOS 11.4.1 My Question or Issue When I try to type any Korean it doesn’t allow me to type in Korean. The letters are not joined like they should. It treats the letters as separate words. I tried ...

• Plan Premium Country  US Device iPad mini 4 Operating System (iOS 11.4.1   My Question or Issue  When I try to type any Korean it doesn’t allow me to type in Korean. The lett...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Undowloading songs in library

I am on a premium plan running Spotify from my iPhone SE. I have run out of download space on my Spotify account therefore I need to undownload some songs. I still want these songs in my library, just not for offline use. That way I can still access ...

• Casual Listener
  •   I am on a premium plan running Spotify from my iPhone SE. I have run out of download space on my Spotify account therefore I need to undownload some songs. I still want these songs in my libr...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

A playlist I created on the desktop app does not appear on my iphone.

PlanPremiumCountry USDevice(iPhone 7) My Question or IssueI created a playlist on the desktop app and played it as a radio station. From the playlist I clicked on "Go to Playlist Radio".When I go to my iPhone a day later, there is no listing of the p...

• Plan Premium Country  US Device (iPhone 7)     My Question or Issue I created a playlist on the desktop app and played it as a radio station. From the playlist I clicked on "G...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I turn off Spotify Connect?!

How the hell do I turn it off? It's driving me mad. Living in a city where you have people using Spotify, my iPhone and Mac will regularly automatically connect to other devices. How is it not limited to being on the same wifi network? This is by far...

• Roadie
  • How the hell do I turn it off? It's driving me mad. Living in a city where you have people using Spotify, my iPhone and Mac will regularly automatically connect to other devices. How is it not l...
  • ortolan
  • Casual Listener
  • 40 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 40 replies
  • 24 likes

Automatic Offline Mode

Plan: PremiumCountry: Living in the United StatesDevice: iPhone XOperating System: iOS 11 Issue:Whenever there is no internet connection (Wi-Fi or cellular,) Spotify won't play downloaded songs unless you manually turn on offline mode.

• Plan: Premium Country: Living in the United States Device: iPhone X Operating System: iOS 11   Issue: Whenever there is no internet connection (Wi-Fi or cellular,) Spotify won't play d...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Metadata inconsistently displays on Honda headunits over Bluetooth

Country:United StatesDevice:iPhone X (issue occurs on older iOS devices as well)Operating System:iOS 11 (occurs on older iOS versions as well)Vehicle:2014 Honda Civic Issue:Metadata is inconsistently displayed when playing media over bluetooth to Hon...

• Country: United States Device: iPhone X (issue occurs on older iOS devices as well) Operating System: iOS 11 (occurs on older iOS versions as well) Vehicle: 2014 Honda Civic   Issue: M...
  • choowy
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes

I cannot download new music

Plan: PremiumCountry: USA Device: iPhone X My Question or Issue: I cannot download new music. It says my library is full and I've run out of storage but I have not.

Screen Shot 2018-08-11 at 11.52.06.png Screen Shot 2018-08-11 at 11.52.24.png
  • Plan: Premium Country: USA  Device: iPhone X   My Question or Issue:   I cannot download new music. It says my library is full and I've run out of storage but I have not.&nb...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Constant skipping and pausing

I have an iphone 5. The app pauses and skips songs whenever I carry my phone around or put it in my pocket. Basically, songs pause and/or skips while the phone is in motion. Sometimes my voice control randamly appears, as well, but I'm not sure if th...

• Casual Listener
  • I have an iphone 5. The app pauses and skips songs whenever I carry my phone around or put it in my pocket. Basically, songs pause and/or skips while the phone is in motion. Sometimes my voice c...
  • UncleLawSchool
  • Music Fan
  • 117 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 117 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! How to remove a song from a playlist

PlanFreeCountryUnited States of AmericaDeviceiPhone 6sOperating SystemiOS 11.4.1My Question or Issue Cannot remove songs from playlists

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country United States of America Device iPhone 6s Operating System iOS 11.4.1 My Question or Issue  Cannot remove songs from playlists
  • GinNTonic
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes