Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

doesnt recognize my ipod

doesnt recognize my ipod

I just purchased the premium and now all of a sudden when i plug in my ipod that i have been using it does not pop up in my "devices" to sync.

3 Replies

Which iPod do you have?

The desktop app will only show compatible devices such as iPod Touch, iPhone, iPad, and Android devices that are connected to the same WiFi netwok as your computer. Also make sure the Spotify app is opened on the device. You cannot sync over USB.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Its a 4....it even tells you to plug it in to your computer and make sure your on the same wifi as the computer to sync.

The text on the devices page has been out of date for a long time now. It will be getting an update sometime this year.

By iPod it means iPod nano, shuffle, classic... etc  For these iPods, you have to plug it in via USB. Spotify will only sync songs that are on your computer to these types of iPod. You cannot sync Spotify songs.

By iPod 4 do you mean you have an iPod touch?

If you have an iPod touch, you cannot sync by plugging in in via USB.

You have to have the Spotify app open on your iPod touch, and both your iPod and your computer have to both be on the same WiFi network. Then, it should show up under devices. 

Hopefully this clarifies the confusion. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts