Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

downloads delete after app update, normal?

downloads delete after app update, normal?

Is it typical after updating the Spotify App from the App Store it will delete my saved songs that are dowloaded for offline listening?

iOS 15.5, iPhone XS Max, Spotify update version 8.7.42 updated today. When I opened the app all my songs needed to be re-downloaded. I have several thousand liked/downloaded songs.
3 Replies

Hey there, 

Thanks for reaching out about this and welcome to the Community. 

Just to confirm, have you reinstalled the app or you just updated it?

We can confirm that if you reinstall the app, it's expected that you need to re-download your content. However, if you just updated it, this shouldn't happen. 

If you only updated it, we'd like to know if this was the first time it happened.

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

this is happening to me too i just got the 13 pro max i had an 8 before and never had this problem now it’s happening to me. i’ve reinstalled the app like 3 times and the music stays downloaded for 5 days at most then only like half my songs or so are downloaded.

Hey there,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

This looks like a settings issue on the iPhone.

Could you check the available free space on the device? Are there at least 3-4 GB free after downloading the content?

It's also important to make sure you've not activated an energy saving mode. Also activate the background app refresh for Spotify. More on that here

Let us know how that went,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts