Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

fails AGAIN after 9 seconds.

fails AGAIN after 9 seconds.

We are increasingly having issues where 'something went wrong', and Spotify doesn't work (on recent model iPhones and MacBooks that we keep updated), and now this is the third time I have had Spotify become useless on a device for a prolonged period of time by only playing a song for a few seconds. Each time the recommendation from customer service is the same - please do a whole series of reboots and reinstalls, check your network or DNS or VPN, and when those don't work (they never do) on a laptop dig through the hard drive for odd hidden files, or clear caches on all devices, then inevitably log everyone in the family out, and reinstall apps on all devices. 

All I can think to recommend to anyone else having this issue would be to cancel your account for a while, so you delete the app for good and log out from all your devices. Then, if you really do miss it,  get a new account and pray all this cache detritus or carryover of installed cruft will be reduced. It is what I plan to do.

Plan

Premium/Family

Country

USA

Device

iPhone SE, iPhone 8, iPhone 12

Operating System

updated

My Question or Issue: Spotify is increasingly unreliable and I am tired of being the family IT guy

1 Reply

Hi @FixingThings,

Thank you for sharing this detailed post on the Community. 

In order to better understand this issue and help you with it, we'd like to make sure if this is happening only to your account, or if you've tested different ones. 

Also, let us know if this happens only when you're connected to the internet, or also when you activate the Offline Mode

We'll be on the lookout. 

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts