iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Downloading music on Apple Watch

Hey folks!Here's a few tips & tricks to share about downloading music from Spotify on your Apple Watch! - If you're looking to get started, check this out! Not seeing the 'Download to Apple Watch'-button yet? Make sure your Spotify app is up-to-date ...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Ver
  • 123 replies
  • 31 likes
  • 123 replies
  • 31 likes

New Your Library view

Spotify has introduced a new version of Your Library to mobile users of the iOS and Android apps. Come on over to the main Community thread to get an overview of what's new and share your feedback: New Your Library view (iOS & Android)

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

Solved!! I have a different interface compared to my friends

Plan Premium Country Hong Kong Device iPhone XS Operating System iOS 13.1.3 My Question or Issue I have just start using Spotify and I realise my interface in artists is different from those of my friends. My friends have the number of liked songs un...

• n0hero
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Queue button missing from latest update

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceiPhone XOperating System12.4.1 (Spotify version: 8.5.23.644) My Question or IssueIt seems like the button to access the queue on the currently playing view has been replaced with a "share" button. I can still tracks/podcasts...

• Gig Goer
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device iPhone X Operating System 12.4.1 (Spotify version: 8.5.23.644)   My Question or Issue It seems like the button to access the queue on the currently playi...
  • jogob
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify not downloading local files onto iPhone 8

PlanPremiumCountry USDeviceiPhone 8 PlusOperating SystemiOS 12.4.1 My Question or IssueI downloaded a song onto my computer and put it onto my playlists, I have made sure both my computer and phone were on the same Wifi; my spotify on my laptop was o...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  US Device iPhone 8 Plus Operating System iOS 12.4.1   My Question or Issue I downloaded a song onto my computer and put it onto my playlists, I have made sur...
  • Magknum
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Continous Facebook account issues

I currently have an account I created using an email. I had cancelled my subscription. I came back and my user name was a number. I have tried all the work arounds, and honestly, if I have to create a brand new account to change my name, I will just ...

• Casual Listener
  • I currently have an account I created using an email. I had cancelled my subscription. I came back and my user name was a number. I have tried all the work arounds, and honestly, if I have to create ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

My playlist keeps playing suggested songs even after turning off auto play

PlanfreeCountryUSDeviceiPhone 6s+Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Visitor
  • Plan free Country US Device iPhone 6s+ Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • Loxer
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

First song in playlist always plays twice

Premium/USAiPhone 6 and Macbook Pro desktop (running Yosemite) My Question or IssueNo matter how I start a playlist, the first song in the playlist always plays twice.

• Visitor
  • Premium/USA iPhone 6 and Macbook Pro desktop (running Yosemite)   My Question or Issue No matter how I start a playlist, the first song in the playlist always plays twice.
  • Loxer
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Turning ”Genious” OFF?

Hello! I have been using spotify since the beginning and I have loved it so far, but the genious ”feature” is really starting to annoy me. Why is it mandatory to keep it ON? If I just wanna see the lyrics this feature will force me to educate myself ...

• Visitor
  • Hello!   I have been using spotify since the beginning and I have loved it so far, but the genious ”feature” is really starting to annoy me. Why is it mandatory to keep it ON? If I just wanna ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Wipe All Liked Songs

Hello, I’m using Spotify Premium on an iPhone 8. I went through albums I don’t want anymore and pressed the unlike all songs button as well as unlike the album. The major issue is this new update has ruined everything and the songs I tried removing a...

• Visitor
  • Hello, I’m using Spotify Premium on an iPhone 8. I went through albums I don’t want anymore and pressed the unlike all songs button as well as unlike the album. The major issue is this new update has...
  • Loxer
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Adding songs to my playlist

Hi there. I want to add songs to my existing playlist. As i have many playlists i need them being sortet alpabethical. But there is no button to sort them by title album or whatever. Strange is that in my overview of all playlists i can sort them by ...

• Visitor
  • Hi there. I want to add songs to my existing playlist. As i have many playlists i need them being sortet alpabethical. But there is no button to sort them by title album or whatever.  Strange i...
  • Loxer
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify API Not sending remote connection callback event after upgrading to latest Spotify app

PremiumCountry USA Device(iPhone XOperating System(OS 12 My Question or IssueI upgraded the Spotify App on my iPhone. After the Spotify API stopped sending the appRemoteDidEstablishConnection notification.

• Premium Country USA   Device (iPhone X Operating System (OS 12   My Question or Issue I upgraded the Spotify App on my iPhone. After the Spotify API stopped sending the appRem...
  • Loxer
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Apple Watch help

PlanPremium family CountryUk DeviceiPhone X, Apple Watch Series 4 with Bluetooth, WIFI, Cellular connections Im asking this question before I cancel and move to Apple Music. im joining a gym and I want to play my Spotify playlists through my Apple Wa...

•   Plan Premium family  Country Uk   Device iPhone X, Apple Watch Series 4 with Bluetooth, WIFI, Cellular connections   Im asking this question before I cancel and move to...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Last.fm stopping scrobbling for days from Spotify.

Hello I had an issue with scrobbles not posting to last.fm. I tried everything and gave up and made new last.fm and Spotify. This worked briefly. But now it has stopped again.I have:deleted Spotify app and reinstalled.Done any needed update on Spotif...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello   I had an issue with scrobbles not posting to last.fm. I tried everything and gave up and made new last.fm and Spotify. This worked briefly. But now it has stopped again. I have: dele...
  • Starrytales
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won’t allow other audio to play on Bluetooth

Spotify works fine until I want to play audio from some other source in my car. Like say YouTube. When I start something on YouTube, Spotify stops for a second, then starts up again. Not allowing YouTube to play its audio. PlanFree/PremiumCountry Dev...

• Visitor
  • Spotify works fine until I want to play audio from some other source in my car. Like say YouTube. When I start something on YouTube, Spotify stops for a second, then starts up again. Not allowing You...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems with playlists

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone 8Operating Systemios 12.4 My Question or IssueRecently started program. When I book up the spotify app, it automatically starts playing from a playlist that is not mine. Plays random **bleep** that I would never list...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone 8 Operating System ios 12.4   My Question or Issue Recently started program.  When I book up the spotify app, it automatically start...
  • Emilia_8
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Airpods 2 weird behaving

PlanPremiumDevice(iPhone XS MAX)Operating System(iOS 12.) Hi, I have recently started using Spotify with my airpods and there is a behaving that is different then default airpods behaviour. Apple officially says: "AirPods also pause and resume playba...

• Plan Premium Device (iPhone XS MAX) Operating System (iOS 12.)     Hi,   I have recently started using Spotify with my airpods and there is a behaving that is different then ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Why i can't play downloaded music while being offline?

Why i can't play downloaded music while being offline?PlanPremiumCountryEstiniaDeviceIPhone SEOperating SystemIOS My Question or IssueWhy i can't play downloaded music while being offline? As soon as being online, everyhting is fine, but while being ...

• Visitor
  • Why i can't play downloaded music while being offline? Plan Premium Country Estinia Device IPhone SE Operating System IOS   My Question or Issue Why i can't play downloaded music whil...
  • Loxer
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify App Super Slow for iOS

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceiPhone 8Operating SystemiOS 12 My Question or IssueMy spotify app has been (occasionally) super laggy since few weeks ago. At first it was just problem loading some playlists, but now it just takes forever to do anything whe...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country US Device iPhone 8 Operating System iOS 12   My Question or Issue My spotify app has been (occasionally) super laggy since few weeks ago. At first it was just prob...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Queue Shortcut Not Working

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceiPhone XROperating SystemiOS 12.4.1 My Question or IssueHello! I've been having an issue where the queue shortcut does not work. On my phone, I can swipe to the right to put a song on my queue and I've gotten into...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country United States Device iPhone XR Operating System iOS 12.4.1  My Question or Issue Hello! I've been having an issue where the queue shortcut does not work. On...
  • Loxer
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Local files disappearing and not downloading correctly

Hi, I have some songs downloaded onto my local files and added to a playlist. When I download the playlist then un-download it they all grey out and disappear from the local files and I have to re-link the local files in the settings to get them back...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I have some songs downloaded onto my local files and added to a playlist. When I download the playlist then un-download it they all grey out and disappear from the local files and I have...
  • Elena
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Local files not downloading
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloads have gray arrow

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceIphone XROperating SystemiOS 12.4.1 My Question or IssueI am subscribed to several different playlists which I download at home over wifi. I make sure all the downloads complete. However, when I go out and about, the playli...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Iphone XR Operating System iOS 12.4.1   My Question or Issue I am subscribed to several different playlists which I download at home over wifi.  I ...
  • Adolwyn
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Autoplay is gone

PlanPremiumCountryLithuaniaDeviceiPhone 8Operating SystemiOS 12.4.1 So lately I’ve noticed that autoplay (playing similar songs after the playlist songs finish) is not working anymore, so I checked my settings and the toggle button autoplay was green...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Lithuania Device iPhone 8 Operating System iOS 12.4.1   So lately I’ve noticed that autoplay (playing similar songs after the playlist songs finish) is not ...
  • Loxer
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes