Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

friends activity not showing under activity

Solved!

friends activity not showing under activity

Hi,

This is killing me and i feel like its something simple to fix!

Im pretty new to spotify but cant for the life of me work this one out.

When i listen to music my friends get in contact with and tell me what ive been listening too as somewhere in the spotify app they are viewing my listening activity.

I have turned off show activity on facebook but have publish activity on.

When i click on activity on the IOS spotify app all i get is the artist i follows activerty.

I am following over 145 artists and friends and only get the activity of 3 or 4 major artists.

Where in the spotify app can i see in real-time what my friends are listening too?

PS my friends assure me they have publish activity on!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

There is an "activity feed" option in the desktop app that shows you what everyone is listening to in real time.

In the desktop app go to: VIEW --> Activity Feed

Currently there is no way to view what others are listening to in real time in the iPhone app.

The activity feed in the iPhone app only shows the songs that have been shared by the people you follow.

The developers want to improve the real time activity feed, so maybe in the future they will include it in the mobile apps. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

There is an "activity feed" option in the desktop app that shows you what everyone is listening to in real time.

In the desktop app go to: VIEW --> Activity Feed

Currently there is no way to view what others are listening to in real time in the iPhone app.

The activity feed in the iPhone app only shows the songs that have been shared by the people you follow.

The developers want to improve the real time activity feed, so maybe in the future they will include it in the mobile apps. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

thanks for getting back to me.

makes sense,

appreciate it

Is this still the case--that friends feed can't be seen in the iOS app?

Heck, I can't see ANY friends in the mobile app. Under Activity/Find Friends they are all checked (followed by me) but there's NO activity from them.

Thanks for the update. This would be a huge improvement from the customer experience point of view. Heavy rotation or activity from friends  encourages finding and experiencing new music. 

Hope they fix this one. 

Try raising tthe screenresolution under windwos screensetting worked for me  (to 1280x768 )on panasonic 720plasma tv (vga input) showed suddenly the right kolom with friends activity

before that thikns looked normal with everything in right place but no right kolom.

Suggested posts