Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Spotify is lagging like crazy

HelloI have Spotify premium and it's been lagging like crazy the past couple of days. I have read so many of your comments and it seems like am not the only one with this issue. I NEED an effective solution ASAP please. If anyone knows a way to solv ...

• Hello I have Spotify premium and it's been lagging like crazy the past couple of days. I have read so many of your comments and it seems like am not the only one with this issue. I NEED an effective...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

The interface of playing song is cutting off the bottom edge

With this screen shot you can see that part of the interface got cut off somehow. It was not like this before. No matter I rotate it to other or not I won't be able to switch between shuffle or pause the song manually. Screen shot from the iPad Pro

image.png
  • Casual Listener
  • With this screen shot you can see that part of the interface got cut off somehow. It was not like this before. No matter I rotate it to other or not I won't be able to switch between shuffle or pause...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

How to search for songs

Hi!I have updated to spotify 2.0.0.Since then I cannot find the search bar anymore.Where is it now?(I have got an iPhone 5s with iOS8)

• Hi! I have updated to spotify 2.0.0. Since then I cannot find the search bar anymore. Where is it now? (I have got an iPhone 5s with iOS8)
  • Temi20
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

I upgraded to Premium through Itunes but it still says I'm using Free

I pay for premium through spotify and it had worked before but I accidently forgot to renew my subscription so they put my account back to free. I put money in my account and paid for premium and it took the money out but it still says I'm using free...

• I pay for premium through spotify and it had worked before but I accidently forgot to renew my subscription so they put my account back to free. I put money in my account and paid for premium and it ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Adding albums - all songs favourited

Hi all, On iOS, when I add an album to my library, all of the tracks on it automatically go into my songs library. Is it possible to stop this, as it makes finding individual tracks I have saved in the Songs folder difficult? Thanks in advance.

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all,   On iOS, when I add an album to my library, all of the tracks on it automatically go into my songs library. Is it possible to stop this, as it makes finding individual tracks I have s...
  • ligerblubber
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Please help!

Is there a hack or something that allows people to add songs to playlist or add songs to my library without having to leave home screen? I mean like you'd turn on your phone and instead of logging in to your phone you could just press a button and it...

• Is there a hack or something that allows people to add songs to playlist or add songs to my library without having to leave home screen? I mean like you'd turn on your phone and instead of logging in...
  • rtu96
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Connect with Fitbit Alta

Can I connect Spotify with my Fitbit Alta to listen to music?

• Can I connect Spotify with my Fitbit Alta to listen to music?
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Suggested songs

I would really like to know how to turn off suggested song play because I don't like every song by the bands I am listening to. I made a playlist of 2 albums by the band AFI and it keeps playing suggested tracks from all there other albums, albums wh...

• I would really like to know how to turn off suggested song play because I don't like every song by the bands I am listening to. I made a playlist of 2 albums by the band AFI and it keeps playing sugg...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

somebody help me w this :(

I CANT DOWNLOAD SPOTIFY ON APP STORE :((( I ALREADY RESET MY PHONE.... HOPING THAT I CAN DOWNLOAD IT, BUT IT FAILED... STILL I CANT DOWNLOAD IT :(( HELP ITS BEEN HOW MANY DAYS SINCE IM NOT LISTENING TO MUSIC LOL

• I CANT DOWNLOAD  SPOTIFY ON APP STORE :(((  I ALREADY RESET MY PHONE.... HOPING THAT I CAN DOWNLOAD IT, BUT IT FAILED... STILL I CANT DOWNLOAD IT :(( HELP ITS BEEN HOW MANY DAYS SINCE IM N...
  • _isac_
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Crash crash crash crash!

For the past 4 weeks I've not been able to open spotify. I press my icon. I get the green symbol aaaaaaaand it crashes. Every time! Without fail. It never gets past that screen. I pay $12.99 a month for an app that just crashes. I've deleted it. Rein...

• For the past 4 weeks I've not been able to open spotify. I press my icon. I get the green symbol aaaaaaaand it crashes. Every time! Without fail. It never gets past that screen. I pay $12.99 a month ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Opting in to iOS tab bar interface

I've noticed that my friends who use Spotify on their iOS devices have an interface with a tab bar at the bottom, while my Spotify app uses a left drawer menu. Same versions. The tab bar interface is much, much more usable and I am rather upset I can...

• Casual Listener
  • I've noticed that my friends who use Spotify on their iOS devices have an interface with a tab bar at the bottom, while my Spotify app uses a left drawer menu. Same versions. The tab bar interface is...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Spotify will not work on ipod touch 2g

I am trying to install spotify. On my iPod touch 2nd gen running IOS 4.2.1. When I try to download / install it. I get message saying you need to upgrade to IOS 5. But, 4.2.1 is the latest IOS for that device.

• I am trying to install spotify. On my iPod touch 2nd gen running IOS 4.2.1. When I try to download / install it. I get message saying you need to upgrade to IOS 5. But, 4.2.1 is the latest IOS for t...
  • Hilltop_Manor
  • 25 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 25 replies
  • 0 likes

Merging

Any idea why my playlists are merging, for instance i am playing one of my playlists and songs from another playlist is also coming on! Ive done a lovely wedding playlist and can't have fast songs coming on randomly! please help pl

• Casual Listener
  • Any idea why my playlists are merging, for instance i am playing one of my playlists and songs from another playlist is also coming on!    Ive done a lovely wedding playlist and can't hav...
  • Denise40
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Saved songs get erased

So I follow the instructions: I connect to the same network of the computer where I have the songs saved and the songs transfer to my iPad. For a while, I am able to listen to the downloaded songs from there, but then the songs appear as if I had nev...

• Casual Listener
  • So I follow the instructions: I connect to the same network of the computer where I have the songs saved and the songs transfer to my iPad. For a while, I am able to listen to the downloaded songs fr...
  • pravusjif
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Party Mode Offline Mode

Hi, how can i use Spotify Party Mode in offline mode????????

• Hi, how can i use Spotify Party Mode in offline mode????????
  • FriekoRieko
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

It just keep crashing. I tried everything but still

Hi, I've been strugling with this for the past 9 months and serously I'm thinking to switch to another service. Everytime I stream music or download/remove any song from my Iphone 6s Plus the app just crashes. I tried deleting the app and removing it...

• Hi,   I've been strugling with this for the past 9 months and serously I'm thinking to switch to another service. Everytime I stream music or download/remove any song from my Iphone 6s Plus&nb...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! spotify premium but unable to stream on my iphone

I am not able to stream Spotify on my phone. I get this message " Only Premium Users can stream on demand". I have a premium account. I reinstalled spotify on my phone, logged out of the spotify on mac and reinstalled it on mac too. Its still not wor...

• Regular
  • I am not able to stream Spotify on my phone. I get this message " Only Premium Users can stream on demand". I have a premium account. I reinstalled spotify on my phone, logged out of the spotify on m...
  • ck121
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files replaced

Hey Guys, I'd have the following problem where i would need some good advice. I've purchased a RHCP concert album in mp3. The files are on the local files directory on the Desktop app. I've created a playlist and dragged the files to that playlist fr...

• Hey Guys,   I'd have the following problem where i would need some good advice. I've purchased a RHCP concert album in mp3. The files are on the local files directory on the Desktop app. I've ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

online songs won't go offline

trying to get my downloaded songs not avalible offline. Some albums are still downloaded after i unmark avalible online so i cant add new music avalible offline since i don have space on my phone.

• trying to get my downloaded songs not avalible offline. Some albums are still downloaded after i unmark avalible online so i cant add new music avalible offline since i don have space on my phone.&nb...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files are greyed out on iPhone

Hello, I have some local files on my laptop and added them to a playlist. When syncing to my iPhone SE running iOS 9.3.2, these local songs are greyed out, all other songs sync correctly.I did already logged in/out, reinstalled spotify and created a ...

• Hello,   I have some local files on my laptop and added them to a playlist. When syncing to my iPhone SE running iOS 9.3.2, these local songs are greyed out, all other songs sync correctly. I...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes