Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

how do I find out what song I just heard.

Solved!

how do I find out what song I just heard.

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

iPhone 6

Operating System

iOS

My Question or Issue

I just heard a song play on my iphone. I went to find out what song it was and accidently hit something and it started playing a different song. I see a recently played menu option, but it just shows me the recently played playlists. The song wasn't in my playlist. How can I find out what song I just heard?

I am sure this is asked a lot, but the posts I found on it do not work when I follow the instructions. I don't see any "Play queue" and like I said, recently played is not showing me the list of songs.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @normanmiller ! 🙂
My only suggestions may not be too helpful - since to be honest -  chances are slim ... 

On the iphone app> in your library> when you click on your photo, it should show your recently played artists. It may display the artist of the song you were just listening to in this list.
Since the song was not saved to library or added to the play queue/playlist it will be alot harder to track down. But if you remember any parts of it, you could also try a web search for lyrics or ask the Community if it sounds familiar. 🙂
I also highly recommend linking your account to Last.fm - if you haven't already. This tracks your music in real time and will keep a history of songs you played through Spotify. If you weren't linked, it won't help in this instance, but just a suggestion for any future situation.
Best of luck and I hope you can find it! 🙂

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @normanmiller ! 🙂
My only suggestions may not be too helpful - since to be honest -  chances are slim ... 

On the iphone app> in your library> when you click on your photo, it should show your recently played artists. It may display the artist of the song you were just listening to in this list.
Since the song was not saved to library or added to the play queue/playlist it will be alot harder to track down. But if you remember any parts of it, you could also try a web search for lyrics or ask the Community if it sounds familiar. 🙂
I also highly recommend linking your account to Last.fm - if you haven't already. This tracks your music in real time and will keep a history of songs you played through Spotify. If you weren't linked, it won't help in this instance, but just a suggestion for any future situation.
Best of luck and I hope you can find it! 🙂

Thank you. That is very helpful!

I believe I asked this years ago and there was a way to see a chronological list. I am very surprised they don't have an activity history! Especially since it is very easy to tap the wrong thing and next thing you know the song is gone! I have found Spotify a great resource for finding music I love that I never knew about.

I will look into last.fm. I may even already have an account, but pretty sure it is not linked. Thank you for the help!

Awesome, happy to help! 🙂

Yes, Spotify has made a lot of changes throughout the years, so features are always being re-evaluated/modified. This may even be an active suggestion in Idea Exchange for listening history or something similar, but to be honest, I didn't dig that far first. 😛
They are definitely my favorite streaming platform and have helped me find lots of new, amazing music too!  I use Last.fm mostly for stats since I love to see all my music progress, but they do offer musical suggestions and similar artists too. I've found it to be a really great way to track events/news and even pull up lyrics all in one place.

Have a great day/happy listening!

Suggested posts