Premium

Country

USA

Device

(iPhone 5s)

Operating System

(iOS 12.3.1)

My Question or Issue

When I look at the artists in my library on the app there's a couple that have [number] Songs underneath their name. If I click on any other artist it'll just take me directly to the page for that artist but if I click on one that says 15 Songs underneath the name that takes me to a playlist of 15 songs by that artist. To get to the artist page from there I have to click on the three dots up in the top corner and then 'View artist'.

I absolutely never want the playlists. How do I stop the app from making me go through them to get to the artist page?

2 Replies

Hey @avesin,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

What you described is how the app normally behaves when you added a number of songs to your Liked from an artist you also follow.

For instance, if you follow Artist X and have 3 of their songs saved to your Liked, then you will see a list with those songs when you click on Artist X's name in Your Library > Artists. If you follow Artist Y but haven't saved any songs from them to your Likes, then you will jump to Artist Y's page when selecting their name in Your Library > Artists.

If you'd like to present your feedback regarding this as an Idea for Spotify, make sure to go to the Spotify Community, click on Menu > Ideas > Idea submissions. Then, scroll all the way to the bottom and click on Let’s go.  As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an Idea gets, the more likely it is for the Idea to be implemented. If you wish to learn more about how your feedback will reach Spotify, feel free to take a look at this article.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Have a nice day!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey

The artist(s) is/are listed underneath the title of the song.

I would like to be able to go to the artist's page by pressing on their name (works just fine) OR by pressing NEAR the artist's name. 

Suggested posts