Plan

Premium (Family Plan)

Country

USA

Device

IPhone 11

Operating System

IOS 15

matter how hard i try i can't edit my playlist unless i power-off my phone. and even then it only works for so long. i cleaned installed the app (6 times), i've logged out and back in (17 times), i deleted and reinstalled the app (9 times), i've done just about everything i can think of, and the few times it actually manages to fix it, it only last about 2-3 mins then goes right back to the way it was, this only started to happen when i updated the app about 3 days ago. 

7 Replies

Hi @xndhxjsn,

Thanks for posting on the Community and welcome. 

Could you tell us if this is happening with other playlists? Also, let us know if the issue persists when logging in with another device.

Lastly, we recommend that you check your battery settings and make sure that Spotify has no restrictions on your phone. Additionally, we suggest that you head to the Home screen, look for Settings and then tap on it. Scroll to, and tap General > touch Background App Refresh. You will see a list of apps that use the service. Make sure Spotify has this option "On". 

We'll be on standby.

AndresMModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

i did all of that and it still won't let me edit my playlists. i made a new playlist and tried it, and it still didn't work then. it works on my other devices, though.

Hey @xndhxjsn

Thanks for your reply. 

Would you mind asking a friend or a relative to log in to their account on your phone to check if this happens with a different account as well? 

On another note, we suggest that you check if the OS of your iPhone has any pending updates. 

Let us know how it goes. 

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

i had someone log into their account on my phone, and it still seemed to act the same. also i checked, and my phone is updated to the newest version.

Hey there @xndhxjsn,

Would you mind having all your cached data on Spotify's end reset with the help of our Support :?
It should only take a few minutes time but is worth taking a shot in this case. This change will only affect your offline content if there is any downloaded.
See if that makes a change, test with both accounts and get back to us 🙂
Much appreciated!

VasilModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

no i wouldn't mind at all, go ahead.

Hi there @xndhxjsn,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

In this case we recommend that you contact our customer support so that they can help you with this backstage.

Let us know how it goes so that we can continue to help you out if you need us to 🙂

Have a great continued weekend!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts